Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maksimenko out on loan...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a random post to put 'apparently' at the end of :lolol:

Good move for him if so, hope he does well.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
A replacement defender surely must be coming in then, leaves us with 7 players covering 4 positions unless the club think Ince could fill in at CB if needed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A replacement defender surely must be coming in then, leaves us with 7 players covering 4 positions unless the club think Ince could fill in at CB if needed.

One more who can play CB and RB would seem sensible.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
I think a few of the younger players should leave on loan to get some first team football, doubt he will be the last. I think it will be a quiet deadline day for us in terms of incoming players

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think a few of the younger players should leave on loan to get some first team football, doubt he will be the last. I think it will be a quiet deadline day for us in terms of incoming players

We can't ship out too many of the younger ones. With the Category 1 status of the academy, comes the commitment to play in the u-21 premier league. Whilst they are adjusting to the difference in standards, those lads are going to take some hidings this year as it is, without losing too many of their better players to loans.

Dec 29, 2011
Pretty sure that is arse. He has always played in both on and off at Chelsea and moved to us to play CB but Oscar thought he made a better midfielder and moved him there. No last chance stuff.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11228360.Ince_thanks_old_boss/

Well done Oscar is all I can say really for not just falling for the "Oh he is tall and strong, must be a centre back" world of thinking.

Of course it's arse, look who posted it.

Maksimenko has been a big disappointment though, when he came he was very highly rated.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chelsea released Ince as a CB with no future despite being there since a schoolboy, had they tried him in midfield it may have turned out different. He will never make it in FL as a CB as he is too clumsy and will give away penalties, ok in an emergency during a game but not to start there. Oscar found his true and best position.

Last edited:

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
We can't ship out too many of the younger ones. With the Category 1 status of the academy, comes the commitment to play in the u-21 premier league. Whilst they are adjusting to the difference in standards, those lads are going to take some hidings this year as it is, without losing too many of their better players to loans.

I think Fenelon and Harris have the potential to be loaned out, but yes the Category 1 does restrict us to a degree. Could be a controversial comment but could we do with sending out a midfielder or two so that we are not overloaded? As far as i can see we have Stephens, Crofts, Kemy, JFC, Holla, Gardener, Rohan, and Toko fighting it out for the two roles in the middle of the park. Toko must be kicking himself as he has consistently been playing in the first team for Grasshopper and even has Champions League experience, then he comes to Brighton and has to warm the bench!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This is the third time Maksimenko has been loaned out long term. Seems an odd move to move to a Dutch second division club rather than a league one club here where his progress could maybe be monitored more closely? I thought he may have been on the fringes of the team this season? I've seen him so few times, its hard to judge him one way or the other. I don't recall him being too awful.

Possibly the coaching staff don't think he will make it at this level and are farming him out until his contract expires? (Whenever that is?)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Two things.
Ince is never going to make a Championship centre back.
Maksi has gone out to earn himself a deal. His contract expires in July 2015 so would be very surprising if we saw him again at the Albion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here