Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’re 12th!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We'll be fine if we improve. Not if we keep playing as we are though. Our recent performances have not been good enough.

I agree with that Trigg. My view though is all teams dip during a season, with a few rare exceptions. If this continues for 10 games we have a problem, but I don’t think it will with gross and Propper and I dislike others growing criticism of Hughton, who is doing what he is being asked to do with limited funds available.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Double figures every season. And nearly all of them will be spot on. Only three teams are relegated each season. It is very rare for one of the top twelve at Christmas to be one of them. I haven't done any research on this, but it is fact. Fact. :shrug:

:rolleyes::lolol:

Don’t let facts get in the way here HWT :lolol:

I checked out previous seasons EPL tables, had to go back to 2009-10 before a team in our position got relegated. Not sceientific and no place for complacency, we are in a releagation fight, but no need for doomsayers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We are currently 12th in the table. For our second season in the premier league that is really good going. Yes I get that today was incredibly frustrating, 1 0 up against 10 men and we seemed to hand them the initiative. Yes, some of our recent wins have felt fortunate. But if we’re playing below what we’re capable of and are 12th in the league, think how well we’ll do once we click.

They often say say the sign of champions is to be able to win ugly. In a similar way I take it as a good sign that we can be below par and have a decent points tally.

Keep the faith!

Keep playing the way we're playing and there will soon be similar threads saying We're 13th! We're 14th! We're 15th! etc.

Bizarre that we've spent all those tens of millions recently and failed to significantly strengthen the first team. There's a massive failure in there somewhere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t let facts get in the way here HWT :lolol:

I checked out previous seasons EPL tables, had to go back to 2009-10 before a team in our position got relegated. Not sceientific and no place for complacency, we are in a releagation fight, but no need for doomsayers.

It try not to, Hammy. But I'm pleased to see from your painstaking research that my surmise was correct.

Did anyone resolve that guff about how much more money El Supremo Hughton would earn if he took over the Irish fail-fest? Some think he'd quadruple his money, but I would have thought it more likely he'd halve it. Anyway, won't happen, so....

Right, time I buggered off and did something useful! :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Double figures every season. And nearly all of them will be spot on. Only three teams are relegated each season. It is very rare for one of the top twelve at Christmas to be one of them. I haven't done any research on this, but it is fact. Fact. :shrug:
Double figures (ie more than 9) - teams since the start of the PL who have thought they were pretty comfortable at Christmas, but weren't as safe as they thought.
"Double figures every season"........................ :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First half (or at least 30-odd mins) yesterday was the best we’ve played for ages, Propper and Gross made a massive difference. The sending off and Leicester subs seem to either throw us, or lead us into being very complacent (Dunk admitted as much when interviewed after the game).
Couple with that, Gross and Propper tired, and Murray took a knock and wasn’t the same afterwards.

Not sure what CH tried to shake the players out of it but it didn’t work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree with that Trigg. My view though is all teams dip during a season, with a few rare exceptions. If this continues for 10 games we have a problem, but I don’t think it will with gross and Propper and I dislike others growing criticism of Hughton, who is doing what he is being asked to do with limited funds available.
Anyone calling for Hughton to go etc deserves criticism IMO. But at the same time, let's not pretend the way we're playing is ok, it isn't. I don't know who's to blame for yesterday's performance, but it wasn't good (even if we were ultimately robbed by the officials, again).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here