Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giggs new Wales manager

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:lolol: You actually sound like how I imagine Partridge sounds in that little clip you posted.

But, yes..... quite.

(do you think they'll withdraw the offer when they find out he's black?)

Partridge? Blimey, that's harsh.

On a serious note, I think this kind of backs up the comments I've heard from people like Chris Ramsay, Chris Hughton, Jason Lee et al that football is so riddled with old boy networks that it makes it nigh on impossible to get on unless you have connections. Giggs clearly has but he's certainly the exception amongst BAME coaches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Partridge? Blimey, that's harsh.

On a serious note, I think this kind of backs up the comments I've heard from people like Chris Ramsay, Chris Hughton, Jason Lee et al that football is so riddled with old boy networks that it makes it nigh on impossible to get on unless you have connections. Giggs clearly has but he's certainly the exception amongst BAME coaches.

Certainly looks like it. But I was only half joking when mused about the offer being withdrawn when FAW find out he's actually ...... half English.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll start you off:

But I'm a substitute for another guy (my brother)...

I look pretty tall but my heels are high (you can see them as I dive out of my sister in law's bedroom window)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
How can this be critisised before he has even had one game, I will give him a few games before commenting,
Who knows he might do a decent job.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'd be amazed if he is anything other than rubbish.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
This is the same Ryan Giggs that seemed to be injured whenever a Wales fixture cropped up or when he did play seemed disinterested in many cases.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Interesting hypocrisy from Shearer on his appointment.

Whilst correctly pointing out Giggs avoided friendlies ( I would guess this had a lot to do with Ferguson anyway), he completes forgets he jacked in playing for England in his late twenties in order to win nothing with Newcastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Got a couple of Welsh blokes at work and they can't stand him. Always felt he couldn't be @rsed with Wales and only played when it suited him. They've already registered their stern discontent with him even being interviewed, let alone actually getting the job!

Ha!

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I would have preferred Mark Hughes and was hoping that Stoke had sacked him a few weeks earlier than they did. That said, like Giggs, he did not have any managerial experience prior to being appointed, and he didn't do a bad job, getting us to a world cup play-off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shocking appointment. You can just imagine him wanting to plan a Euro campaign, perhaps with a couple of friendlies. What exactly is he going to say when half of his squad pull out of these otherwise meaningless fixtures?

Still, at least they haven't appointed an Englishman eh? :tosser:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why is it such a bad appointment? Played for about 20 years under (arguably) the best manager in history, is one of the best players in the history of the PL, is Welsh, and is available?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is it such a bad appointment?
No managerial experience is the obvious one.

Plus his record as a player counts against him - how can he expect his own players to play in friendlies when he didn't bother himself? He only played 64 times for Wales, a shockingly low figure for someone who played for Man Utd, the biggest club in Britain, for 24 seasons.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here