Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Pound hits highest level since Brexit vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42661361

But I thought that leavers did not want us to leave and be as close to the EU as possible, they want us to totally stand alone.
The pound may strengthen but only because there will be hardly any difference than before the referendum.
Which only goes to show that the markets wanted to remain and think that leaving is disastrous for the pound/economy.
As a remainer, if we leave with deals that keep us as close to the EU as possible then I will be happy I suppose, but Rees Mogg and Co and his hard Brexiteers will blow the Tories apart.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah, Pastafarian does that to me. You are a bit of a nobber but take my advice: Ignore the ****. Once he starts in on you he will literally be on your case every time you post on here. I have him on ignore but I do notice that when I post on a thread a few minutes later a load of posts by him pop up. Revealing one or two of them confirms my suspicions: He is indeed posting about me.Or he comes on early in the morning and trawls through all my posts. He becomes obsessed and verges on the psychopathic. Honestly, he ain't right. But if you can wind him up a bit, more power to you. He's a pompous old sod.

Bit of a borderline narcissist much?
I have zero inkling to obsessively trawl all your posts, or be “on your case” to all your posts or even bizarrely doing it all within a matter of minutes of you posting. I really don’t have the time to track your endless drivel and you really are not as important as you think you are. Tbh I hardly ever notice you and rarely spot you giving any input when im catching up with my Albion reading. But I have duly noted your ongoing concerned paranoia.
You are a rather bizarre chap too, claiming to have someone on ignore in order to ignore them, but being so desperate to see what they have written admits to using the un-ignore post button to reveal the posts. whilst also referencing the ignored username of said ignored person. Don’t think you are really getting to grips with this whole ignore concept, if indeed you are utilising it at all in the first place anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A policy that probably did more to secure the Brexit vote than the red bus that some remoaners like to drone on about.

Oh, I don't know about that. Huge, constant, big lies about the greener grass of the post-EU utopia and the ease of extrication had quite a lot to do with it. The numbers on the red bus were a f*cking disgrace, whatever way you choose to dice it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wish you would shoot yourself in the head, do us all a favour!

Charming! (typical 'Liberal' Democrat) :wink:

Oh, I don't know about that. Huge, constant, big lies about the greener grass of the post-EU utopia and the ease of extrication had quite a lot to do with it. The numbers on the red bus were a f*cking disgrace, whatever way you choose to dice it.

If the Labour Government had enacted the same restrictions virtually every other EU member did on the new 2004 Eu membership intake UKIP wouldn't have prospered and we wouldn't have had a referendum. It's even possible that Cameron might have changed the result if he and the EU could have cobbled together some new restrictions on EU migration in his pre referendum negotation (farce). Fortunately the EU were as intransigent and as blinkered as ever.

The red bus has been done to death ... if it had said £250M / £150M (more accurate) a week the impact would have been similar.

This analysis just about sums it up.

Barely a day goes by (or so it seems) without a bitter Remain voter taking to social media to complain about all the ‘lies’ told by the Leave side. Apparently, those duplicitous Leave folk hoodwinked almost 17.5 million voters on that unforgettable day 18 months ago – as far as mass deception goes, quite a feat.

Though as ignoble as it gets and dripping in liberal doses of arrogance as well as self-delusion – sour grapes to you and me – from a purely psychological point of view such behaviour is eminently predictable. According to Wikipedia, rationalisation is a phenomenon:

“. . . in which controversial behaviours or feelings are justified andexplained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable—or even admirable and superior—by plausible means.”

In other words, having been so utterly convinced of the probity of their own pro-EU opinions, and equally convinced that their side of the argument would prevail, losing the debate triggered a series of contingency behaviours in Remainers the object of which was to seek a ‘plausible’ explanation to explain their defeat.Daily, this illuminati tweet about Leave’s ‘lies.’ How else could the country have so resolutely rejected their own realities if not by lying? By repeating this mantra amongst themselves, this group can indeed begin to feel ‘superior’ – that their arguments were not undone by debate or logic, but rather by skulduggery – the ‘lies’ of the treacherous Leavers, that ne’er do well bunch of rogues – Farage, Johnson and Gove – who would make Fagin and his urchins seem paragons of virtue. Having rationalised the result thus, Umunna and friends can take to the moral high ground, lamenting those ‘lies’ without which Remain would have won a resounding victory and the UK would, by now, be well on its way to becoming a mere outpost of the United States of Europe.

In a feat of quite staggering mental gymnastics, Umunna, Grayling and Campbell have seemingly forgotten all about the many lies spun by the Remain side of the debate: punishment budgets, house-price crashes, mass unemployment, food shortages, corporate mass exodus from London etc. etc. These were real lies, lies concocted to scare the populace into maintaining the status quo. It almost worked, too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What I'm sick of is Leavers who bang on about Osborne 's emergency budget and the 'off the cliff' economic forecasts. These were misguided tactics from a sh1t Tory Chancellor that in no way justify the Leave cause. Any Remainer with a brain knows the cliff edge - if it ever were to happen - wouldn't occur until after we've actually left. The slow economic decline prior to March 2019 was always the more likely scenario.

That said, the EU's recent warning to UK industry about Euratom, Open Skies, transport, haulage and third country status is very real. I don't see what they get out of a deal as the EU Single Market works just fine for them, and talk of "they need us more than we need them" is complete bollocks.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What I'm sick of is Leavers who bang on about Osborne 's emergency budget and the 'off the cliff' economic forecasts. These were misguided tactics from a sh1t Tory Chancellor that in no way justify the Leave cause. Any Remainer with a brain knows the cliff edge - if it ever were to happen - wouldn't occur until after we've actually left. The slow economic decline prior to March 2019 was always the more likely scenario.

That said, the EU's recent warning to UK industry about Euratom, Open Skies, transport, haulage and third country status is very real. I don't see what they get out of a deal as the EU Single Market works just fine for them, and talk of "they need us more than we need them" is complete bollocks.

I promise I won't mention the Treasury Forecasts of immediate armageddon ever again if no one mentions the Red Bus/sunny uplands etc.

I would think a slow down due to uncertainty and transitioning out of the EU was always likely. Anyone claiming to know how we will cope/prosper/decline after we have left is a liar.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nigel Farage has had his MEP's salary docked by £35,500 after he misspent EU funds. Hmm. Seems a bit dishonest. Again

It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. He has taken full advantage and some while an MEP and consistently failed to attend meetings while trousering maximum EU cash. His only contribution to debate in the European Parliament usually seems to be to insult other members and be generally abusive rather than be constructive.... it's only £35K but this has cheered me up no end !

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. He has taken full advantage and some while an MEP and consistently failed to attend meetings while trousering maximum EU cash. His only contribution to debate in the European Parliament usually seems to be to insult other members and be generally abusive rather than be constructive.... it's only £35K but this has cheered me up no end !

You voted to keep his £84,000 a year salary (not including generous expenses) !! #eugravytrain

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pound hits highest level since Brexit vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42661361

More dollar weakness. Across a basket of currencies the dollar is at its weakness point since Aug 2014, back then we were at 1.70 against USD against now 1.37

Still woeful against the mighty Euro, still makes us competitive with our biggest market

Last edited:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Doing fairly well??- Hospitals at breaking point, schools run out of cash, record demand for food banks, housing crisis, increase in the homeless numbers? Do me a favour. The country is fvcked, and even if people can't forgive Blair for Iraq every time he opens his mouth we are reminded how much better a PM and national leader he was than clusterfvck May of who catastrophe follows her around like flies to a cow's shitty arse.
The economy is doing fairly well.As for the rest,we've had those problems for years.Nothing to do with Brexit of course.

larus

Utter b*llocks.

It wasn’t just Osborne. It was Mark ‘f*ckwit’ Carney. The IMF. The CBI. The EU. In fact, lots of the elite, snouts-in-the-trough brigade were warning of an immediate impact and a loss of inward investment. It’s all turned out to be BS.

The pounb was widely acknowledged to be overvalued, and has fallen. The scare-mongering from many on this thread that we were heading towards parity with the Euro/Dollar has proven to be more knee-jerk/sad-loser reactions.

The EU is still running QE, so it’s economy is far from perfect and the trade imbalances are unsustaininable, so the EURO is a constant danger to the stability of the EU.

Yes, there are problems with the UK economy, but these are not to fault of Brexit. Only a f*cking retard would say that the issues relating to the NHS etc are linked to Brexit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here