Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Football Manager 2018

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'm about to take the plunge and get this. I normally religiously buy them as soon as they come out, but I've been too busy over the past couple of months to do so.

How's everyone getting on? Any Albion striker signing gems?

Only just started my Brighton save. 7 games in on 10 points so doing well. (Must of missed the option to use real fixtures)

Sold Murphy and Skalak and bought in Dembele who has 3 goals in 6 games.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I got it for Christmas so two games plus friendlies in.

Does anybody else have the constant jumping during match highlights? Also it seems a lot slower. If I try to speed it up, it crashes.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Only just started my Brighton save. 7 games in on 10 points so doing well. (Must of missed the option to use real fixtures)

Sold Murphy and Skalak and bought in Dembele who has 3 goals in 6 games.

You can't play with the real fixtures as there isn't a Premier League licence although I suspect with a quick google you could find a way to download a file to get them.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I have had a look at the beta but I am afraid it does not do it for me in the same way my beloved FM10 does. I have an FM13 save going as well and have dropped it after about 10 matches. I love the uncrowded simplicity of FM10 and just can’t seem to get to grips with newer versions that feel claustrophobic and over bloated with information on each screen and endless stats.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I have the FM mobile 2018 and it's their best one for many a year. I can make it past Christmas without getting the sack, but the biggest problem is finding a striker who is better than Hemed and who would be willing to sign for BHA

Jul 7, 2003
I have the FM mobile 2018 and it's their best one for many a year. I can make it past Christmas without getting the sack, but the biggest problem is finding a striker who is better than Hemed and who would be willing to sign for BHA

I didn't know you were a member of the Albion Recruitment department.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ive completed one season and signed Dembele during the summer of 2018 for £15m. He has scored in the first two matches of the new season

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
My best signings so far:
Danny Ings for £9 million (January 2018) and Marcos Llorente for £1.8 million (July 2018)

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Sixth game in, 88th minute and it crashed.

Is there any way to play this off Steam as a local game or to stop it crashing?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think it was 97/98, Italia, and 01/02 that I absolutely nailed. Gaming crack.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sixth game in, 88th minute and it crashed.

Is there any way to play this off Steam as a local game or to stop it crashing?

Steam shouldn't have anything to do with the game crashing. There's info and staff on community.sigames.com that can help with crashes. I'm not very techy myself but they can usually work out if there is an issue with your machine (maybe needing to download an update driver or something) or if the issue was with the games code. It's usually caused by issues with the users computer but if the crash is due to the game itself they'd look to get it fixed urgently and release a fix in a hot fix download.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here