Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Special mention should be made of Steve Sidwell he has been immense and we haven't missed Beram Kayal.

If we'd been missing Knockaert and Kayal last season, we'd lose the game. Now we're not only winning the game, but keeping clean sheets as well.

This is a special time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we'd been missing Knockaert and Kayal last season, we'd lose the game. Now we're not only winning the game, but keeping clean sheets as well.

This is a special time.

Duff and Dunk.....a driving force but one cannot rule out the hard lesson of last year and as [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] stated, Sidwell is a driving force,no more injuries for now Albion and we will really be underway.

Such a fantastic result. You could see the lads werevup for it today. They wanted this one for knockaert. Sidwell has been bloody brilliant since we lost Kayal. But his goal today was sublime.
The biggest difference for me from last year to this is the strength in depth. We have the squad to gain promotion, and if we keep playing the way we are, we will be!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From their Facebook page. These people actually exist.

brizzlelol.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great result but for me the best aspects of this result are the return of Solly March who looked like he'd never been out and the love and respect shown by the team for their bereaved brother.

It's time to believe.

Completely agree, first time he got the ball (and second), showed no nerves or lack of confidence and ran straight at his man. Looked fit and sharp. Fantastic news. Tributes for Knocky were awesome - AK tweeted almost immediately that it'd made him cry.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If they have a point and we accept that point,then it looks good for when we do play well........ [emoji38]
The Bristol City forum was much more reasonable. No sour grapes like that screenshot. Many many posters were stating that we were impressive. There was no doubt, we played very very well and limited their attacking options whilst still creating good opportunities for ourselves.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Bristol City forum was much more reasonable. No sour grapes like that screenshot. Many many posters were stating that we were impressive. There was no doubt, we played very very well and limited their attacking options whilst still creating good opportunities for ourselves.

Found the same with those I talked to on the walk back to the car....full of praise for us

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great result, 5 point cushion, all we need is for Newcastle to make a couple of slip ups.....................not likely though!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fair play to the Brizzies they also have an amusing Forum. :clap2:

On a slightly different note, thought I might risk a few bob on us getting promoted....not sure I could risk enough at 4/9 ON:eek:
Yeah, their forum is excellent. It's made me have a rethink about the quality of their fans. I must have met all the leery ones outside the millennium stadium.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

On a slightly different note, thought I might risk a few bob on us getting promoted....not sure I could risk enough at 4/9 ON:eek:

I managed to get 4-1 before the season started, not great but good enough - fingers crossed!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

B365 offering almost all my potential return to cash out on a top 6 finish, and about half on my top 2 punt.

Just watched a recording of the game. Wurzel and crew absolutely gushing with praise afterwards, particularly about defence, and team spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here