Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship champions

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Can we win it? I want us to so much. Not just because of where I live but because it will be the biggest honour our club has ever secured in my lifetime. All the dark days, the angst and heartache will make the moment Bruno lifts that trophy all the sweeter. Newcastle have a couple of fixtures that could see them stumble (Burton at home tonight for a start). Common boys bring us promotion but also bring us glory :albion2::albion2::albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Deep down i really want to win it. I keep saying myself i couldn't care less as long as we go up but i sneakily want this trophy so badly. Espcially when you consider Newcastle and Villa spent shit loads of money and hoovering up all the best players.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Can we win it? I want us to so much. Not just because of where I live but because it will be the biggest honour our club has ever secured in my lifetime. All the dark days, the angst and heartache will make the moment Bruno lifts that trophy all the sweeter. Newcastle have a couple of fixtures that could see them stumble (Burton at home tonight for a start). Common boys bring us promotion but also bring us glory :albion2::albion2::albion2:

I fully expect Newcastle to hammer Burton tonight, but that said anything can happen and if it does it would be on the final day with Barnsley on the beach at Newcastle and us away at Villa it will be tuff....

But very feasible

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate small fry compared to the prize of reaching premiership but does anybody know prize money for winning championship

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Appreciate small fry compared to the prize of reaching premiership but does anybody know prize money for winning championship

Pennies and i'm being serious

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
...it will be the biggest honour our club has ever secured in my lifetime.

I think it would be the biggest honour in any of our lifetimes, wouldn't it? We've never won the second tier. We didn't win the FA Cup. The only thing arguably higher (and it is arguably) would be the Charity Shield and unless we've got some posters on NSC that are 107+ years old then it won't be in their lifetimes either.

Apologies for the pedantry. Trigaaaresque.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I'm honestly not bothered about winning it. Which surprises me, maybe there's just paranoia after last season in the of back of my mind.

Let's just get that P next to our name on the league table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For me Promotion would be sufficient, even although I have said for a long time that we would win it. The 3 main reasons I would like to win it would be

1. The Chairman has pumped millions into the club and whether he ever gets any of it back or not, at least the league title would be ''a bang for his buck'' so to speak

2. The Manager and the players and all the staff have worked their ''whatever'' off

3. And finally, I have a funny feeling that it might even tempt Dale to overlook what went on in the summer between him and the club, when we turned down the transfer bids

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Would love to up as Champions. What an accolade for BHA and CH against the prem rich NUFC, Villa and the likes of those 'massive' pretenders Wendies, Reading and Dirty Leeds. Doable IMHO. NUFC are expected to get a cricket score against Burton but they have been turned over at home by lower opposition a few times and this will not be lost on Burton who are fighting to stay ahead of the relegation scrappers. Up as Champions is very real possibility. :albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

It will be the biggest honour our club as secured in ANYBODY'S lifetime! It's so close, I can smell it, I can touch it, now we just need to get over that line and truly grab it.

All credit to you by the way, for actively supporting our club, right under the noses of the toon!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
......and as an added bonus to the cup, how about Leeds losing the playoff final to Fulham. Ahhhhhhhhh, that feels good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
......and as an added bonus to the cup, how about Leeds losing the playoff final to Fulham. Ahhhhhhhhh, that feels good.

I would like to see Huddersfield win the play-pffs to be honest. They have deserved it over the season, and everyone loves an outsider, don't they? No one thought they woujld be anywhere near the play offs at the start of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Newcastle United will receive £7.1m if they win the Championship this season – around 10% of the amount they made for finishing 18th in the Premier League.

We can reveal the exact amount of United’s prize pot for finishing in the upper echelons of the Championship, and it illustrates the importance of being back in the top flight with the riches on offer for playing in the Premier League.

Unlike the Premier League, the EFL do not hand out prize money per position. Every club in the division from United and Brighton at the top to relegated Rotherham, who look certain to finish at the bottom of the division, will receive the same ‘basic award’ of £2.084million.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...s/revealed-how-much-newcastle-united-12844008

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Will more than likely cop £3500 if we do so fingers crossed...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here