Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sun / Hull Daily Mail reporting Hull sniffing after Kayal

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I've been wrong more times than the rest of you put together. So hear goes.... I really believe Tony is totally committed to promotion and won't let anyone go anywhere this season, and I fully expect the arrival shortly of a great attacking addition. Loan or otherwise (can't believe, previous considered, that Paul Winstanley has been sitting in his office playing 'I Spy' for the past three months.) Am I being overly optimistic ...God I hope not! :)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
If he's happy here and willing to miss out on a change to play in the Premier League this season then great. The fact he hasn't signed a contract would suggest that's not the case if you ask me. £1.5 Million isn't enough though and I hope the club play hard ball. Recent transfers would suggest we will!

Any game he missed last season we looked half the team we do with him. He is the key man in terms of taking the ball off the defenders and putting us on the attack.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In the market as it was a year ago, £1.5 million would probably have been about right. Prices have moved on hugely this summer (see Palace and Newcastle) so I would suggest he's worth at least double that even with just a year left on his contract.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
He likes it here & plays alongside Tomer who is supposed to be one of his best friends. With the overall momentum we picked up last season I would like to think that almost all of our squadwould want to be here. Why get to the Premiership to get relegated as would likely be the case with a fair few of the clubs who seem to be looking at our players ie Burnley, Hull etc.

Dale Stephens may have family/personal reasons to look at a move up north which may be a worry but again I think he is enjoying his career purple patch playing in a set up that he fits perfectly into.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wouldn't surprise me if Kayal has ALREADY signed a new contract at the albion.

Thus making all these valuations based on a year left meaningless.

Are you itk? Kayal is the one I dread losing. I think we could cope with losing Stephens, although I wouldn't want to sell him either.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Year left on contract, chance to play in the PL, if we got a million we'd be lucky

If the reports on Stephens are true...................AND I DONT SAY THEY ARE

If we turn down £4m for Stephens with a year left on his contract..........................What then makes a fee of £1m for Kayal acceptable with also one year left on his contract ?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Yep, for us to have turned down 4m for Stephens, we'd have to receive a bid of at least that for Kayal and then some

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the reports on Stephens are true...................AND I DONT SAY THEY ARE

If we turn down £4m for Stephens with a year left on his contract..........................What then makes a fee of £1m for Kayal acceptable with also one year left on his contract ?

Andy Naylor has confirmed we've turned down two bids from Burnley, for Stephens.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seemed to remember this happening with Liam Bridcutt.
Thought he was going to stay, the rumours started, and he was gone.
Be it Kayal is a far better midfielder, keep him :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Seemed to remember this happening with Liam Bridcutt.
Thought he was going to stay, the rumours started, and he was gone.
Be it Kayal is a far better midfielder, keep him :)

On the other hand, I thought Dunk was off at beginning of last season, not in team, £5 million bid from Fulham, left out of game v Fulham, signs new contract the following week !!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's all about the player of course and i am not one for keeping unhappy players at the club....however if that's all we would get for Kayal i would rather sell the stadium and go back to Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here