Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A British Aid Worker Beheaded by ISIS

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes but I don't think it is right in any way to call them "the final words from David Haines. Clarifying this.

Well, unfortunately, they were literally the last words he said - again, under duress - before he was murdered.

You can argue about it if you like. I'm off to bed.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Shocking, but as bad as it sounds - I cant see it ending any time soon.

Images of the beheading are being circulated by extremists, possibly ISIS members, on Twitter via the Top UK Trends. I advise you dont click on these as chances are you will see the incredibly sickening images. How they havent been blocked yet is beyond me.

Hopefully, he can be remembered for his incredibly brave actions by going into Syria to try and provide aid to innocent people, rather than this horrific murder.

I'm an over qualified technophobic, in fact most of my brain still lives in £.s.d land. But it's beyond me that this stuff can be displayed at all. It's also mind boggling to me how they operate their finances, especially with regard to armaments.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I assume this was Britons killing a Briton. Truly disgusting the way they make the victim 'confess' before slaughtering him. The irony is of course, they are doing more harm to Islam than any western interests.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
All day long I have been thinking how I can deliver information, freely available from the BBC, without sounding overtly anti Islamic to NSC. Maybe others have seen it, but no one has mentioned it on here. Here goes.....

The tragic death of a 7 year old girl shot by her her father in Northiam , Sussex.

From the name given of the now deceased father, it would appear probable that he was a member of the Islamic faith. At some point during his relationship with the mother she converted to Islam. After the pair ended their relationship she renounced her recently found religion.

I have seen no further comment or opinion offered, but it seems Islam needs a new PR consultant right now as the actions of a small minority of its believers is opening a very big can of worms.

Anyone slagging me off for flippancy, or right wing knee jerk reaction due to the above post is completely wrong. I have struggled for many hours to find an acceptable way to make note of this on NSC, but with the latest news I feel less reason to be politically correct.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It's important to see the bigger picture. There have been millions of people in the Middle East who have fell victim to murder, violence and war - seen their homes destroyed, their families murdered, their leaders taken away - and when it is our governments that are responsible, extremist behaviours against Western peoples was always going to be inevitable.

The behaviour of IS scum is of course still inexcusable, but still acceptable that it is a retaliation. So more violence in the Middle East is obviously not a solution, it will just exacerbate the problem and cause even more extremists and more atrocities like this.

RIP David Haines.

Muslim Brotherhood originates from the 1920s, they originally spouted the same shit as what IS is spouting. It was in regards to the "modernisation" of Islam within the Arab States. They wanted to revert back to the more orthodox Islamic practices. You cannot pin this on western governments, you simply can't because history contradicts that assumption.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's important to see the bigger picture. There have been millions of people in the Middle East who have fell victim to murder, violence and war - seen their homes destroyed, their families murdered, their leaders taken away - and when it is our governments that are responsible, extremist behaviours against Western peoples was always going to be inevitable.

The behaviour of IS scum is of course still inexcusable, but still acceptable that it is a retaliation. So more violence in the Middle East is obviously not a solution, it will just exacerbate the problem and cause even more extremists and more atrocities like this.

RIP David Haines.

Yes we know as you have posted similar many times. However i think this is the wrong thread to bring it up again.
RIP charity worker.

Nov 27, 2009
Millions of people all around the world protested against the war in Iraq in 2003 - but they didn't listen to us, all they could think about was economic gain. Atrocities like this was the inevitable result.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people have already died, but when an innocent man like this - a good person, a Briton, a family man - dies as a result, it really hits home.

The evil of IS was spawned by our governments' genocidal & destructive actions in the Middle East. It's important to remember that all their future actions will be motivated by money too, don't let them convince you that further military action there is a good idea, it will just lead to more of this.

Absolute bollocks. An innocent british man has been beheaded, murdered by scum, no one made them do it.
Left wing propaganda.
RIP another innocent.
The poor little girl in Northiam was also murdered by the same ideology, as her mother would not convert to Islam. RIP

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Should add that other Islamic extremists, such as Abu Quatada have said the beheadings are wrong and against Islam, of course other followers of Islam not a part of ISIS are against this as well.

A big can of the anti-Islam worms may well be opened up again, despite the fact ISIS arent following the true meaning of Islam, but their own exaggerated views and agenda and are brainwashing others to believe them.

David Cameron has made a Twitter statement -

David Cameron [MENTION=1785]david[/MENTION]_Cameron · 2m
The murder of David Haines is an act of pure evil. My heart goes out to his family who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude.

We will do everything in our power to hunt down these murderers and ensure they face justice, however long it takes.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

The behaviour of IS scum is of course inexcusable, but it's important to understand that it is a retaliation to Western Violence - it wouldn't have happened otherwise. So more violence in the Middle East is obviously not a solution, it will just exacerbate the problem and cause even more extremists and more atrocities like this.

RIP David Haines.
"that it is a retaliation to Western Violence" so, so so wrong. The rise of IS originates from Syria, the actual organisation originates from Jordan. Will you ever source your arguments? I doubt it, purely because it goes against your political beliefs.

ISIS exploited the violence in Syria. FSA was loosely organised, poorly armed and poorly trained. IS had fighters who fought in the 2004 battle of fallujah and then the following Sunni insurgency of Iraq therein after. The violence in Syria is not because of Western governments. If it is, then our foreign policy objective of promoting democracy was arguably an attractive proposition.

ISIS' experience won them ground in the north, clashing often with Syrian-Kurdish Peshmerga. Eventually, they saw that they weren't taking enough ground in Syria, they then targeted northern corridors into Iraq. Mosul being the first major city they could realistically take. They already had Fallujah.

al-Zarqawi was the major player setting these groups up before Iraq invasion of 2003, his first attack was in 1999. He formed the al-Tawhid in Jordan with the sole purpose of carrying out what IS is doing now.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Should add that other Islamic extremists, such as Abu Quatada have said the beheadings are wrong and against Islam, of course other followers of Islam not a part of ISIS are against this as well.

A big can of the anti-Islam worms may well be opened up again, despite the fact ISIS arent following the true meaning of Islam, but their own exaggerated views and agenda and are brainwashing others to believe them.
How many of them are there 10,000? I'm sure there can't be too many of these nutters.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
All day long I have been thinking how I can deliver information, freely available from the BBC, without sounding overtly anti Islamic to NSC. Maybe others have seen it, but no one has mentioned it on here. Here goes.....

The tragic death of a 7 year old girl shot by her her father in Northiam , Sussex.

From the name given of the now deceased father, it would appear probable that he was a member of the Islamic faith. At some point during his relationship with the mother she converted to Islam. After the pair ended their relationship she renounced her recently found religion.

I have seen no further comment or opinion offered, but it seems Islam needs a new PR consultant right now as the actions of a small minority of its believers is opening a very big can of worms.

Anyone slagging me off for flippancy, or right wing knee jerk reaction due to the above post is completely wrong. I have struggled for many hours to find an acceptable way to make note of this on NSC, but with the latest news I feel less reason to be politically correct.

Not entirely sure this is the thread for it, but, in this particular incident it seems his faith is pretty irrelevant. Would appear a messed up domestic incident. Plenty of those in other religious and non religious relationships.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here