Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feasible non-domestic potential striker targets

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Sorry in advance as I'm going to put down your hardwork of collecting those videos. But I find it hard to base an opinion on players watching those sorts of vids because you don't see the whole story, how many chances they've missed to score the one goal, what their work rate is like, do they play electric for 10 mins and disappear for 80, do they regularly shoot off target, do they win a lot in the air, do they trip over their own feet like etc etc. What you do see is an edited versions that can make a lot of people look good, see Stephen Dobbie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awo0l6lZ-mE
In fairness though, it is interesting to see what sort players are out there, and who we might get linked with.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sorry in advance as I'm going to put down your hardwork of collecting those videos. But I find it hard to base an opinion on players watching those sorts of vids because you don't see the whole story, how many chances they've missed to score the one goal, what their work rate is like, do they play electric for 10 mins and disappear for 80, do they regularly shoot off target, do they win a lot in the air, do they trip over their own feet like etc etc. What you do see is an edited versions that can make a lot of people look good, see Stephen Dobbie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awo0l6lZ-mE
In fairness though, it is interesting to see what sort players are out there, and who we might get linked with.

Actually, I happen to agree with you on that. Dick Knight was convinced to sign Federico Turienzo based upon an early version of one of these.
I put them in as Stat Brother pops up to deride any suggestions without youtube compilations.

Frenchie Facto

May 17, 2017
France
First time poster, but long time viewer of this board..be gentle with me.

Living in France, I see Rennes quite often, Ndombe Mubele is the strong powerful forward who would give many PL sides the jitters.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. Also buy Davy Klaassen while were at it.

Then buy/loan Bertrand Traore from Chelsea, with the emergence of Tammy Abraham (who is also a few years younger), Chelsea do not need him.

Final suggestion (I know you said non-domestic but whilst I'm at it etc) Kelichi Iheanacho on loan from Man City. Pep does not rate him and hes already scored goals in the EPL.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Actually, I happen to agree with you on that. Dick Knight was convinced to sign Federico Turienzo based upon an early version of one of these.
I put them in as Stat Brother pops up to deride any suggestions without youtube compilations.

To be fair it is interesting to watch them, because often I have never heard of them, so it's good to at least have an idea of whats out there.

That Stephen Dobbie clip really stuck in my mind though, because I watched it when we signed him and was pretty happy about it. But its a great example of highlighting brief good moments of a player, who then never live up to those clips.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hello Hello,

So summer is upon us and I think we can all agree that at least one striker is required.
So, whist watching the play-offs, I've been browsing the top European goalscorers 16/17 for anyone I think is feasible considering our recent rise in stature and bank balance.

Any of them take your fancy?
Steve Mounie - Montpellier - 22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGX2U4jicc
Pros: Only 22 but scored 14 in 34, attracting lots of interest from England, powerful (nicknamed 'The Tank')
Cons: Bigger, better sides than us will want him, large chunk of wonga.

So, looks like this fella is off to Huddersfield.
Not very ambitious of him, I'd say.
Cracking signing for them. Why aren't we in for him?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just glanced at the thread title and read it as:

"Feeble non-domestic potential striker targets".

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Steve Mounie - Montpellier - 22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGX2U4jicc
Pros: Only 22 but scored 14 in 34, attracting lots of interest from England, powerful (nicknamed 'The Tank')
Cons: Bigger, better sides than us will want him, large chunk of wonga.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

Brace on debut. This scouting lark is easy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here