Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worlds Hardest Creature VIII – Quarter Finals ****Official Pre-Match Thread****

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
- When attacking prey and predators alike, they are known to disarm their enemy by biting their heads off.

Because their prey is small and the heads fit in their mouths. I bit the head off a sardine the other day - I'm ****ing rock.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
I don't understand the whole thing about being hard because you are immune to venom.... it's the same as someone who is allergic to peanuts thinking that someone non allergic is hard because they eat peanuts. doesn't cut it for me... more a fan of the full on aggression.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Grasshopper Mouse - clues in the name folks it mainly eats insects, particularly grasshoppers. Just because it occassionally takes on something a bit more impressive doesnt make it properly hard. Its still only taking on creatures it outweighs, and has immunity to their toxins. Its no more impressive than me getting squirted by a kid with a waterpistol and then punching said child in the face. Not hard.

Thats because I bought the Grasshopper Mouse hype, but since then I've done my research and grasshopper mouse may take on tarantulas centipedes and scorpions, but I've seen the footage and they are taking on little ones not bigger creatures. 3 Honeybadgers have been observed chasing 7 Lions away from there own kill they were eating. Far far harder.

grasshopper mouse got my vote in earlier rounds, but I feel cheated.

Right, this centipede is TINY compared to the Grasshopper Mouse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjOvEN6cIY

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Grasshopper Mouse - clues in the name folks it mainly eats insects, particularly grasshoppers. Just because it occassionally takes on something a bit more impressive doesnt make it properly hard. Its still only taking on creatures it outweighs, and has immunity to their toxins. Its no more impressive than me getting squirted by a kid with a waterpistol and then punching said child in the face. Not hard.

Because their prey is small and the heads fit in their mouths. I bit the head off a sardine the other day - I'm ****ing rock.

In any case, it's not all about size of what the Mouse attacks. It's the aggression and deadliness of the creatures that the Mouse takes on that makes it hard.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
- These mice live in burrows which have been abandoned by its original owner, or which they sometimes invade and overtake by force. BEAST MODE
So most of the time they take a vacant burrow, sometimes they chase a burrowing creature out of a suitable burrow - so they scare off a small burrowing creature occassionally - wow!
- Aggression within the species is so strong that in 90 tests, in which two animals of the same sex were placed in 5x5 m cages, 90% of fights ended with the death of the loser. BLOOD BATH
forcing two territorial animals into a confined space and it resulting in a fight is a long way off being a unique feature, and not necessarily hard.
- Mating behavior has been described as quite complicated, a result of avoiding fatal aggressive encounters. Most live alone due to the fact one will kill the other after a short space of time. VOLITILE
Lady Mouse plays hard to get?? Not hard. Living alone. Not hard.
- The bark scorpion is, the most venomous scorpion in North America, wielding an intensely painful – and potentially lethal – sting that stuns and deters snakes, birds and other predators. People unfortunate enough to have experienced the sting say that it produces an immediate burning sensation, followed by prolonged throbbing pain that can last for hours.

But the grasshopper mouse is completely resistant to the bark scorpion's venom. In fact, it actively preys upon scorpions and other poisonous creatures. it responds to the bark scorpion's sting by licking its paw for a second or two, before resuming its attack, then killing and eating the scorpion, starting with the stinger and the bulb containing the venom. CHEMICAL WAREFARE.

You can claim that immunity to venom is hard, many will disagree, Even if you accept its a contributing factor to hardness eating an itty bitty scorpion that can't harm you is not hard.
Tell me this little beast isnt hard... BITCH.

It is hard, just nowhere near as hard as you think. It's hard for a mouse/not that hard.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So most of the time they take a vacant burrow, sometimes they chase a burrowing creature out of a suitable burrow - so they scare off a small burrowing creature occassionally - wow!

forcing two territorial animals into a confined space and it resulting in a fight is a long way off being a unique feature, and not necessarily hard.

Lady Mouse plays hard to get?? Not hard. Living alone. Not hard.

You can claim that immunity to venom is hard, many will disagree, Even if you accept its a contributing factor to hardness eating an itty bitty scorpion that can't harm you is not hard.

It is hard, just nowhere near as hard as you think. It's hard for a mouse/not that hard.

Pathetic Badger tactics, trying to put the oppo down, not providing any facts about the little honey badger, just trying to start a hate campagin against the Mouse. Who you once voted for. Probably jealous as the mouse didnt want your pathetic support and these terrible tactics are a pure sign of jealousy.

You are an embaressment to yourself and the badger.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
In any case, it's not all about size of what the Mouse attacks. It's the aggression and deadliness of the creatures that the Mouse takes on that makes it hard.

Given the venom resistance they are not deadly to the mouse. A lion is definitely deadly to a Honey Badger, and is at least 10 times larger.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Badger, Devil*, Wolverine

#TeamMustelidae
*not a Mustelid

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Pathetic Badger tactics, trying to put the oppo down, not providing any facts about the little honey badger, just trying to start a hate campagin against the Mouse. Who you once voted for. Probably jealous as the mouse didnt want your pathetic support and these terrible tactics are a pure sign of jealousy.

You are an embaressment to yourself and the badger.

When we move on to discussing the badger in earnest we can debate the facts about Honey Badgers. I am currently just responding to the misinformation from #TEAMMOUSE

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

You've changed your tune.

Classic Honey Badger fanboy tactics - as soon as they come up against a genuine threat, they do everything they can to demean their competitor. Looks like a few of them are worried that their usual POUND for POUND arguments won't work against the Grasshopper Mouse.

A reminder of some of what WHC's 2015 Champion in the making, the Grasshopper Mouse, does:

- Takes on tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes and scorpions. Disregarding the fact that all these animals are venomous - that's like you taking on a tarantula the size of a car, something like an alligator with 80 legs, or a snake the length of train. POUND FOR POUND hardness.

- Despite being smaller than your hand, it commands a territory of about 28 ACRES. In fact, put a group of these mice in an enclosed space and there is a BLOODBATH - they fight until there is only one left.

- When attacking prey and predators alike, they are known to disarm their enemy by biting their heads off

- After making a kill, they stand on their back legs and HOWL. A great big GET-OFF-MY-LAND death-shriek.

They're literally mental. HARD.

Don't f**k with the mouse.

debf83067cbe04efd2eca35569ded5f3.jpg

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

It is smaller than the mouse. Mouse outweighs it several times over.

I can't find any information on how much the giant centipede weighs, but here's some FACTS:

Grasshopper Mouse:
Average weight: 0.78 oz
Length: 3.5-5 inches

Giant centipede:
Weight: N/A
Length: 6-8 inches

Sonoran Tarantula:
Weight: 1-3 oz
Length: 3-5 inches

QED

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You want to play Thumbs [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION] ? I'm prepared to leave it be now, I usually only give the odd Thumbs up to people as a sort of half 'this'.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lost interest after the GOAT was mistakenly voted out.

:angry:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What has @Bozza got against the Honey Badger? I have not followed previous iterations of WHC so there may be a genuine answer I don't know about.

Further I have investigated the extravagant claims made for the shrimp and for me they do not stack up. Yes it probably should have beaten the seagull and it got my vote, but the fact it had been a previous winner (with Polar Bear excluded?) suggests to me it had used up its lifetime supply of good fortune. Mantis Shrimp can go lick its wounds until Shrew eats it next year.

Yeah, I must admit I had no interest in WHC until last year when I saw it had been won by a SHRIMP. Usually the imbeciles are in a minority on here, so I wasn't sure how that had happened. Like others I believe it HAD to be mod interference. We wuz robbed.

Anyway as a WHC newcomer I'm a plastic Honeybadger fan (never seen him, never been to his lair but I've been supporting him for as long as I've followed WHC). I've got my Badger/Hippo half-and-half scarf ready in anticipation of a great final.

Anybody know where I can get a replica honeybadger skin?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I can't find any information on how much the giant centipede weighs, but here's some FACTS:

Grasshopper Mouse:
Average weight: 0.78 oz
Length: 3.5-5 inches

Giant centipede:
Weight: N/A
Length: 6-8 inches

Sonoran Tarantula:
Weight: 1-3 oz
Length: 3-5 inches

QED

So in all those videos it is taking on juveniles then? They are definitely smaller. Picking on kids = hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here