Match 4
The Seagull Vs The Wolverine

seagull_1.jpg
-----
Lobezno-animal-150x150.jpg

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Hippo, Honey and Seagull to go through to the semis. Match 3 is going to be a hard one to call as both could, and arguably should, have been in the semis. Only one can be victorious though so I best start getting all my Orca facts ready to sway undecided voters.

#teamorca

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My predictions are:

Hippo
Honey Badger
Orca
Seagull

Match 3 looks like the one to watch, one of the favorites will be out too early!

I do always like to vote for the underdog though so the Grasshopper Mouse will be getting my vote tomorrow.

Also #teamorca

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have been team Mouse all the way through this competition I have been looking up some facts about this MONSTER and it just gets better and better. Can't wait for the match up tomorrow I am certain the mouse will be winning over a few voters.

The Honey badger however will recieve the PLASTIC and JCL votes for this competition. No doubt that will be enough to carry it through to the next round.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That the shrimp no longer features shows what a sham this site has become.

I feel utterly embarrassed about this.

One thing I can guarantee however: the fluffy badger will be a loser. Again.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I do think we'll see Match 4 won by the Seagull. Just look at that stare-out between the two. The Seagull just screams confidence.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That the shrimp no longer features shows what a sham this site has become.

I feel utterly embarrassed about this.

One thing I can guarantee however: the fluffy badger will be a loser. Again.

"Guarantee ...fluffy badger .... loser .... again" - merely confirms my suspicion of heavy and illegal mod involvement in the final phase of voting in last years final. Get over it you lot, the crustacean is only fit for paella and should never have been a serious competitor when pitted against the mighty HB.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What has [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] got against the Honey Badger? I have not followed previous iterations of WHC so there may be a genuine answer I don't know about.

Further I have investigated the extravagant claims made for the shrimp and for me they do not stack up. Yes it probably should have beaten the seagull and it got my vote, but the fact it had been a previous winner (with Polar Bear excluded?) suggests to me it had used up its lifetime supply of good fortune. Mantis Shrimp can go lick its wounds until Shrew eats it next year.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
You just vote for whatever animal is biggest until they come up against the Seagull or Badger. That's how this seems to go :dunce:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That's not a howl, that's a WHISTLE. Like a cheery postman or something.

Well of course it sounds like that to you, you're a human and the Mouse's howl is at the higher end of the frequency spectrum you can hear. You have to imagine what it would sound like to other creatures of a similar size.

"Before crunching into its prey, the grasshopper mouse howls. The sound is a high, sustained whistle which pierces the desert night. It is as if the rodent is imitating a wolf at miniature scale – the grasshopper mouse even stands on its hind legs and throws its head back during the shrill call. And while the rodent may cry spontaneously or emit the sound as a warning when it spots another of its kind, the grasshopper mouse regularly howls just before a kill."

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Grasshopper Mouse - clues in the name folks it mainly eats insects, particularly grasshoppers. Just because it occassionally takes on something a bit more impressive doesnt make it properly hard. Its still only taking on creatures it outweighs, and has immunity to their toxins. Its no more impressive than me getting squirted by a kid with a waterpistol and then punching said child in the face. Not hard.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Grasshopper Mouse - clues in the name folks it mainly eats insects, particularly grasshoppers. Just because it occassionally takes on something a bit more impressive doesnt make it properly hard. Its still only taking on creatures it outweighs, and has immunity to their toxins. Its no more impressive than me getting squirted by a kid with a waterpistol and then punching said child in the face. Not hard.

Hear hear!

So the mouse howls. So what? Since when did howling = hard?

And for all of those gearing up to stitch up the honey badger, just think. If you let us Badgeristas get our way just once we can pack it in, move on with our lives and look to the wider animal kingdom for hardness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here