Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnet tickets

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Nope... we have a big enough squad now to win this game without the 1st 11 playing as it were, I know i would be livid if Dunk played in this game for example and got injured in it..

We need to keep the squad fit and included, these are the games to do that.

I expect 11 changes and rightly so.

Yep. Hughton was asked about cup selections at the Fan Forum. He pretty much confirmed he would adopt the same approach (team to win the match, opportunities for rest of squad) as last season's cup games.
ie: the first team squad but multiple changes - effectively the 2nd 11.

As we know this doesn't always work...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
--------------------- Maenpaa ---------------------
Rosenior --- Hunemier --- Goldson -- Bong
Murphy ------ Sidwell --- Towell ----- Skalak
------------- Hemed ------ Izquierdo -----------

Well worth a tenner IMO. Decent back up eleven.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No travel subsidy? Is that a new thing for cup games. Doesn't exactly encourage people who live outside the city to attend.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Only to people that haven't been very LOYAL in the past

Correct which I guess is the vast majority of fans, depending on your criteria for very loyal. Therefore it will be a factor for many with aspirations for the trophy away games coming up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
--------------------- Maenpaa ---------------------
Rosenior --- Hunemier --- Goldson -- Bong
Murphy ------ Sidwell --- Towell ----- Skalak
------------- Hemed ------ Izquierdo -----------

Well worth a tenner IMO. Decent back up eleven.

I would change Rosenior for Matesju and Murphy for Ahannach to start.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Correct which I guess is the vast majority of fans, depending on your criteria for very loyal. Therefore it will be a factor for many with aspirations for the trophy away games coming up.

I would say anyone with over 300 points would have been pretty loyal! I have seen so many people moaning on Facebook etc that the loyalty point system is unfair...Funny though, I have never seen it previously being an issue!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I would say anyone with over 300 points would have been pretty loyal! I have seen so many people moaning on Facebook etc that the loyalty point system is unfair...Funny though, I have never seen it previously being an issue!

An interesting criteria. I don't quite have 300 points but have been a STH since the Goldstone (incl Gillingham), have seen the Albion at some 75 of the current grounds of the current 92, and probably 110 grounds in total, lots on many occasions. Does that make me disloyal?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for the new system, its just your statement "Only to people that haven't been very LOYAL in the past" that I take a bit of issue with, as if someone currently having 300+ points is the only definition of a loyal Albion fan.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
An interesting criteria. I don't quite have 300 points but have been a STH since the Goldstone (incl Gillingham), have seen the Albion at some 75 of the current grounds of the current 92, and probably 110 grounds in total, lots on many occasions. Does that make me disloyal?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for the new system, its just your statement "Only to people that haven't been very LOYAL in the past" that I take a bit of issue with, as if someone currently having 300+ points is the only definition of a loyal Albion fan.

It was a tongue in cheek statement aimed at the many so desperate for loyalty points...I have had people saying the system is unfair and you just know they don't go to away games or more likely couldn't be bothered before... Don't take offence, I just used 300 as a rough figure.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good pricing. I reckon a half full stadium with a good number of away fans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Got to be category C for Barnet.

Also irrespective if you want to maintain your points status quo then a ticket to this one is a must. Imagine missing out on Liverpool away because you didn't fork out a tenner for this?!
Hopefully the points are only awarded if the ticket is scanned in - to stop the sneakies just buying loyalty points.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Hopefully the points are only awarded if the ticket is scanned in - to stop the sneakies just buying loyalty points.

I completely disagree with this. I would fit into your sneaky category but my logic is sound. Without the travel subsidy my train ticket down from London would be c£17 on a Tuesday - when it's tough to escape work on time/in enough time to get down for KO coupled with the fact that I get home around 00:30/01:00 from evening matches means it just becomes non-viable for this type of game.

I have made the effort for every home game bar maybe two a season for the last six years and don't see that i'm being a bad fan in maybe buying a ticket for this sort of game and not coming. IF I still lived in Brighton I would of course come but it's just not possible all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here