Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Experts agree it's Curtains for the Albion!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They should have put up the outcome of their predictions last season to offer a bit of credibility for their selections this time around!

Good idea! The standard format is to put the prediction alongside where the team finished last season. Much more fun would be this year's prediction alongside where they predicted the team would finish last season as well.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just seen the experts saying we are favourites with Huddersfield and Burnley to go down let's hope today we make them eat there words.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From The Times today:

Henry Winter: relegated
Matt Dickinson: relegated
Oliver Kay: relegated
Matt Hughes: relegated
Gary Jacobs: relegated
Paul Joyce: relegated
George Caulkin: relegated
Alyson Rudd: not relegated
Paul Hirst: not relegated
James Gheerbrant: relegated

Alyson says "Brighton are ready and smooth running behind the scenes will be an asset"

Other teams tipped for relegation:

Huddersfield (all ten)
Burnley (5)
Swansea (5)
Watford (2)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's either because you are thick
Charming.
or (far more likely given your predilection for extracting parts of quotes without their context) because you choose to make a point where none exists.
Without context? I quoted Michael Gray's entire quote. Here's what you said:
Michael Gray on Football on 5 last September: "Brighton over achieved last season, can't see them in the mix".
I'm simply asking what that means, can't see us in the mix for what?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Charming.
I'm simply asking what that means, can't see us in the mix for what?]

The generic context is a thread about the views of experts and they forecast relegation for Albion; the substance of many of the posts is don't worry too much about what others think; this particular post was about a quote early last season when (if you recall) we had just missed out on promotion. I could have explained in detail that this discussion was about promotion candidates but assumed, clearly naively in your case, that that was background information that readers on this forum would not need, not least because of the implication of Gray's comment that we overachieved.

Evidently that was way over your head so let's be clear just for you that it means promotion mix.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have the experts on MOTD written us off? I can't be bothered watching that programme, as having been at the match i've watched it again on BT Sport...although i must admit it was in triple speed :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From The Times today:

Alyson says "Brighton are ready and smooth running behind the scenes will be an asset"

Huddersfield (all ten)
Burnley (5)
Swansea (5)
Watford (2)

All depends on whether we can get some strikers in. Still plenty of time.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Have the experts on MOTD written us off? I can't be bothered watching that programme, as having been at the match i've watched it again on BT Sport...although i must admit it was in triple speed :moo:
Ian Wright thought that "if we work that hard against everyone we'll probably be alright."

So, no, but anyone taking much from a first match defeat to previous champions needs to have a think.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The generic context is a thread about the views of experts and they forecast relegation for Albion; the substance of many of the posts is don't worry too much about what others think; this particular post was about a quote early last season when (if you recall) we had just missed out on promotion. I could have explained in detail that this discussion was about promotion candidates but assumed, clearly naively in your case, that that was background information that readers on this forum would not need, not least because of the implication of Gray's comment that we overachieved.

Evidently that was way over your head so let's be clear just for you that it means promotion mix.
Thanks.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Charming.
I'm simply asking what that means, can't see us in the mix for what?]

You didn't make that clear at all tbf. What you wrote made it look as if Gray had said we wouldn't be "in the mix" this season. Hence the confusion.

Trig's pedantry aside, you are actually wrong. But it's not really worth arguing about.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You didn't make that clear at all tbf. What you wrote made it look as if Gray had said we wouldn't be "in the mix" this season. Hence the confusion.
It's alright, I was just being thick. I misread the original post - I didn't see the date, so assumed it was a recent quote, and then it made no sense.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ian Wright thought that "if we work that hard against everyone we'll probably be alright."

So, no, but anyone taking much from a first match defeat to previous champions needs to have a think.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
And Shearer was still a cock, as when asked the same question as Wright he just banged on about City's chances of winning the title. Boring, bald, fence creosoting ****.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
From The Times today:

Huddersfield (all ten)
Burnley (5)
Swansea (5)
Watford (2)

Only day one, but that's list is laughable.

Huddersfield smash Palace away
Burnley beat Chelsea away
Swansea and Watford get decent draws

Wouldn't pay attention to a list without Stoke - bottom 10 are a pretty much the same standard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here