• 30-40%

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • 40%+

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd guess at about 15%. I do use adblock but its disabled on here.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How on earth are we supposed to know this? I don't as I like to provide NSC with a bit of revenue. Probably would otherwise.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
25%

Bozza, on a separate note; I use NSC on my iPhone and since the re-direct problem of a few days back, every time I am in the board the various threads load then they change size so they become off centred before finally settling back down to normal again.

This takes about 5-9 seconds and if I try to open a thread it opens a different one as the positioning changes.

Just thought you should know! Is it my phone all of a sudden or is there an issue?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
25%

Bozza, on a separate note; I use NSC on my iPhone and since the re-direct problem of a few days back, every time I am in the board the various threads load then they change size so they become off centred before finally settling back down to normal again.

This takes about 5-9 seconds and if I try to open a thread it opens a different one as the positioning changes.

Just thought you should know! Is it my phone all of a sudden or is there an issue?

I get exactly the same thing when on my kindle. My phone & work computer are fine though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It does seem to 'jump' vertically. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] mentioned to me it causes him to click on the wrong thread occasionally.

I might be updating the whole site tonight - certainly in the very near future - so I'll see if it's still happening after I've done that.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Wouldn't use it. Okay it's annoying on sites like Youtube which are rolling in lucre but NSC and other such web pages rely on the money to survive, it wouldn't be right to deprive this place of income for my own convenience.

Bozza will only get money if you click on the ads though, the site gets nothing for them just being there

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza will only get money if you click on the ads though, the site gets nothing for them just being there

That's completely untrue. Over the course of 2014, 63% of NSC's ad income came from the ads 'just being there'.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It does seem to 'jump' vertically. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] mentioned to me it causes him to click on the wrong thread occasionally.

I might be updating the whole site tonight - certainly in the very near future - so I'll see if it's still happening after I've done that.

Thanks Bozza

kip

Aug 2, 2011
That's completely untrue. Over the course of 2014, 63% of NSC's ad income came from the ads 'just being there'.

I stand corrected, that was just how it worked on a site I was running, google ads only paid us for clicks, nothing for the ads being displayed. Maybe I'll turn adblock off for this site then, bloody fitness singles here we come

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Didn't have it and did not feel the ads intrusive. I noticed on my Wifes Hudl when I look at NSC without logging in there are more ads.
But now I've installed Adblock plus for chrome can someone tell me how to turn it off for NSC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Over 40% but that includes those who "white list" NSC.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I know this won't be popular, however I have Ad-Block installed and block all ads from all sites with vigour.

I pay enough for my internet/hardware etc, I don't want (or need) automated bots telling me what products I should buy or what country I should buy my import bride from.

I'm happy to contribute to the NSC/Darren directly, but I'm firmly against ads, wherever they are coming from.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn't have it and did not feel the ads intrusive. I noticed on my Wifes Hudl when I look at NSC without logging in there are more ads.
But now I've installed Adblock plus for chrome can someone tell me how to turn it off for NSC.

There are many more ads on the site if you don't log in (irrespective of what device / operating system you use)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are many more ads on the site if you don't log in (irrespective of what device / operating system you use)

That's not true either - there is usually only 3 per page. If you're not logged in they are more intrusive, although only when viewing threads. For logged in users - there are generally 2 shunted way out of view that you may only rarely notice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here