Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Place For Bobby Saturday...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kanoute & Postiga to lead the line

Freddie Kanoute has revealed he should be fit for Spurs' clash with Leeds this weekend.

The Frenchman picked up a groin injury in his first training session and missed out on Spurs' opening day defeat to Birmingham.

"The good news is my groin injury is healing well and I am hopeful of being involved in the Leeds game at White Hart Lane on Saturday," he told icons.

"I will train normally with the rest of the squad this week and if that goes as I expect, I think I will be able to play this weekend.

"Of course, it is the manager's decision if I am selected but my overall fitness is good and I believe I will be ready.

"The treatment on my groin has been successful and I am confident I can perform physically without any concerns about the injury."

Kanoute added: "I am desperate to make my debut for the club. Not being part of the squad for the Birmingham match was very painful because I feel like my new beginning with a new club has been put on hold.

"The team was very disappointed with the Birmingham result. They felt they deserved at least a draw after the second-half performance and were not happy with the penalty but that is football.

"Birmingham are a difficult side to beat at St Andrews but we have the chance to put things right with our first home game against Leeds this weekend.

"We know it is vital we make White Hart Lane a ground that teams hate to visit this season, but I am sure we can do that.

"It was a very young and inexperienced side that faced Birmingham, but they did well and I know we can build on that as more senior players return to full fitness."

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hasn't Bobby injured his abducta (sp?) muscle?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He was expected to be back way before Saturday...

Personally i reckon Hoddle just didn't want him playing for the U21s.

and with Keane out now for a couple of weeks that means Glendas options are even fewer.

What a manager

Picks up the best young forward in the country for an absolute song and then plays him left midfield and then drops him onto the bench

Twat

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Kanoute probably hasn't played enough to warrant a start. If BZ is fit, surely he starts with Kanoute coming off the bench.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Brightonfan1983 said:
What are the odds on Bobby going on loan to some top-half Div 1 team next season?

Us maybe??

I'll put a fiver on it now!! Knight and Zamora as a scoring partnership? At Falmer? In the Premiership? I need to lie down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here