Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bacon and egg sandwich

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Get yourself a good lincolnshire sausage and fried egg sarnie with Brown sauce, you wont regret it, I prefer it too Egg and Bacon as much as I love both :)

Agreed. Far, far superior than the Egg & Bacon (although i do like this). For me no Red or Brown sauce but i do like a bit of English mustard. Not enough to over power the main ingredients but just enough to give your nasal hairs a tickle.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Get yourself a good lincolnshire sausage and fried egg sarnie with Brown sauce, you wont regret it, I prefer it too Egg and Bacon as much as I love both :)

Can't stand Lincolnshire sausages. The very epitomy of the herby hotel sausage. Not for me Clive.

Jul 7, 2003
With all this discussion about having good thick cut bacon, spare a thought for those who are estranged in the USA where all they get is that wafer thin, over crispy, Oscar Mayer, streaky crap.

And to add an alternative to the sauce debate, I used to like the Lea & Perrins Tomato & Worcestershire sauce but that seems to have disappeared. My current alternative is Stoke's Bloody Mary Ketchup - a nice tomato sauce with a spicy kick.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
With all this discussion about having good thick cut bacon, spare a thought for those who are estranged in the USA where all they get is that wafer thin, over crispy, Oscar Mayer, streaky crap.

Agreed – the bacon in the States is complete shite.

Simply Food at M&S in Gatwick is always my first stop to pick up a few proper B&E sarnies when flying back from the States.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I do sometimes put english mustard on my bacon baguette and cheese

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
wow 49 years without sampling the best food ever!!
crispy bacon/runny egg is fave until having a beard. had to give up the runny egg now don't mix well with a beard.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why not go all out and have sausage, bacon and egg sandwich?

Is the correct answer and what I had this morning for my breakfast just before I got on site at around 7AM, although it was in a large bap rather than bread, it almost made going to the Isle of Grain at Stupid O'clock worthwhile.

Sorry for the 'purists', there was HP Sauce involved as well... :drool:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_0158.PNG
no sauce but did wish I had put ketchup on it afterwards..
Sorry Birdie Boy but it has to be Brown sauce

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The king of the fried egg sandwich is one with melted cheese and HP sauce. The bread must be white and crusty, a farm fresh egg is always good making sure the cheddar is mature and creamy.

I urge you all to try this. A great alternative to your standard Bacon, Egg and Ketchup staple.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
My dad microwaves his bacon when he makes bacon and egg sandwiches. I lived under that tyranny for twenty years and it is the main reason why his eventual nursing home will be nothing more than a small step up from locking him in the garden shed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here