Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abandoning a BEAMBACK?? – Your excuses please!!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It's perplexing and amusing in equal measure to realise that there are grown men prepared only to watch their team – for real, or on the telly - for as long as they are not losing. After which, an immediate exit, amid much cursing and blubbing, remains their only choice of action.

Of course it's true that none of this matters really, given that neither players nor fans can see or hear what we silent voyeurs are up to. Which brings another point: if beambacks are to become routine – as might be the case next season – perhaps it's time we introduced some special, beamback-only songs.

Including, of course, "You can't see us sneaking out..."

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's perplexing and amusing in equal measure to realise that there are grown men prepared only to watch their team – for real, or on the telly - for as long as they are not losing. After which, an immediate exit, amid much cursing and blubbing, remains their only choice of action.

Of course it's true that none of this matters really, given that neither players nor fans can see or hear what we silent voyeurs are up to. Which brings another point: if beambacks are to become routine – as might be the case next season – perhaps it's time we introduced some special, beamback-only songs.

Including, of course, "You can't see us sneaking out..."

''I think there's a fire drill...''

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Amazing scenes in West Lower yesterday, where the tragi-comedy of Stockdale’s keepy-uppy cock-up was matched only by the wholly unexpected stampede from the concourse of several hundred of Albion’s finest the moment tap-in was gratefully completed.

Granted, a customer investment totalling two whole quid is unlikely to guarantee fanatical support and undying commitment to the cause. But one might have hoped for visible presence of a little more of that legendary Brighton Backbone.

Of course, there’s always the possibility of entirely plausible excuses for vacating the virtual skirmish so early. These might well include: –

1 It’s a great way of avoiding those horrendous queues for the trains, or park-and-rides.

2 Leaving early gives me 10 more precious minutes for walking the dog / clearing the shed / rogering the wife / rogering someone else’s wife.

3 Can’t beat the chance of a welcome stroll in Falmer village. Especially in torrential rain.

4 Any others? Your suggestions please…

Because they chose to leave, no need to justify their actions to anyone.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Or

We're two nil down
We give a ****
We're Brighton & Hove Albion
And we've seen enough

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Was in the overline for the game and Brentford also, it really is a strange atmosphere. far too quiet and no one knowing what the etiquette should be.

cribbohx

Apr 23, 2016
You are seriously asking this? for starters, Stocky's cock-up was at 89 minutes .... jeez peeps walk out of winning matches at home earlier to beat the rush (something i always find offensive). I was one of those who left, shame on me.....

The fact is, we'd endured a pretty piss poor performance and for me, stocky's cocky was the last straw and i didn't want to endure any more of the humiliation. This was a game we should have nailed and, if we are truly a premiership team, we would have. I 1000% forgive Stocky as he's saved our bacon countless times, it was a team fail, not his.

Fortunately, due to Newcastle being the more consistent performers we've got a lifeline. We are still 6 points clear of Hudders... promotion is still "ours to lose" but if we allow teams like this to stuff us, we will hand away the 2nd spot and head into the play offs with heads down. The performance against Reading was the polar opposite to Forest...it was fantastic, a team staking their claim. For the most part we had Newcastle controlled but sadly fell to pieces at the end and were punished, no shame, Toons are a quality team. So, there was no reason ....none, to get turned over by Forest, we simply cannot have this sort of "up and down" performance. Hopefully this will be a wake up call and they'll go out at Rotherham and put it right and not have their heads down.

C'mon Seagulls, focus, chase, pressure and win!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You are seriously asking this? for starters, Stocky's cock-up was at 89 minutes .... jeez peeps walk out of winning matches at home earlier to beat the rush (something i always find offensive). I was one of those who left, shame on me.....

The fact is, we'd endured a pretty piss poor performance and for me, stocky's cocky was the last straw and i didn't want to endure any more of the humiliation. This was a game we should have nailed and, if we are truly a premiership team, we would have. I 1000% forgive Stocky as he's saved our bacon countless times, it was a team fail, not his.

Fortunately, due to Newcastle being the more consistent performers we've got a lifeline. We are still 6 points clear of Hudders... promotion is still "ours to lose" but if we allow teams like this to stuff us, we will hand away the 2nd spot and head into the play offs with heads down. The performance against Reading was the polar opposite to Forest...it was fantastic, a team staking their claim. For the most part we had Newcastle controlled but sadly fell to pieces at the end and were punished, no shame, Toons are a quality team. So, there was no reason ....none, to get turned over by Forest, we simply cannot have this sort of "up and down" performance. Hopefully this will be a wake up call and they'll go out at Rotherham and put it right and not have their heads down.

C'mon Seagulls, focus, chase, pressure and win!
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought this about the Brentford beamback, lots left at 3-2 when the game was clearly still wide open and in the balance.

Yesterday was different though. The game was entirely over at 2-0, and it wasn't a case of staying to clap players off as others have said.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's none of your business what other people want to do. They don't need to justify themselves or make excuses.

Watching a tv screen makes no difference to the team who are playing 200 miles up the road.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Watching a tv screen makes no difference to the team who are playing 200 miles up the road.
Of course it doesn't. But that stampeding exodus confirms a behavioural trend that, in this of all seasons, is both baffling and hugely disappointing.

What does it say about us as fans if our only response to sudden adversity is simply to run away?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
You might as well berate supporters for turning off Radio Sussex before the final whistle. Which I did. Yet one more strange thread on a crap weekend. IMHO as always.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course it doesn't. But that stampeding exodus confirms a behavioural trend that, in this of all seasons, is both baffling and hugely disappointing.

What does it say about us as fans if our only response to sudden adversity is simply to run away?

Why are you worried about what others think of us as fans? I wouldn't have known if you hadn't spouted about it on here.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Amazing scenes in West Lower yesterday, where the tragi-comedy of Stockdale’s keepy-uppy cock-up was matched only by the wholly unexpected stampede from the concourse of several hundred of Albion’s finest the moment tap-in was gratefully completed.

Granted, a customer investment totalling two whole quid is unlikely to guarantee fanatical support and undying commitment to the cause. But one might have hoped for visible presence of a little more of that legendary Brighton Backbone.

Of course, there’s always the possibility of entirely plausible excuses for vacating the virtual skirmish so early. These might well include: –

1 It’s a great way of avoiding those horrendous queues for the trains, or park-and-rides.

2 Leaving early gives me 10 more precious minutes for walking the dog / clearing the shed / rogering the wife / rogering someone else’s wife.

3 Can’t beat the chance of a welcome stroll in Falmer village. Especially in torrential rain.

4 Any others? Your suggestions please…
Whats your excuse for being a knob on this occasion?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went for a shower before my evening out at 1-0 whilst listening at home. I know I should have sat faithfully by the radio. Disgraceful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here