Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back to basics with Stat.

Earlier I went through all the kerfuffle of loading Exodus onto my Amazon Fire sticked Kodi via Fusion.
All good - happy days.

Now I want Sportsdevil which I can highlight through

System - File Manager - (odd A & B split screen) Fusion - Kodi-Repos - English - UnofficialSportsdevil.

At that point not a lot happens.

Do I need to create another Fusion file the same as Exodus only this time picking up Sportsdevil?

As is customary, when answering please bear in mind I'm stupid enough to ask the question, in the first place.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Exodus, Specto, UK Turks, Zem TV & Sports Devil all you need imo........depending if u want TV channels but I use a different app for that!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
out of interest has anyone made an add-on as a shortcut in the settings before and then have it disappear each time the system re-boots. can't seem to find a way to make them stay?

Yes. I did. I couldn't make the wallpaper survive a reboot and had a scotch around for a solution. I had to delete a corrupt guisettings.xml (it rebuilds it on reboot). This was on a Raspberry Pi running Kodi on top of OpenElec.

Have a look at :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198428
http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-delete-your-kodi-config-and-start-again/
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Please be aware that if you don't know what you're doing, you can "brick" the device so you're doing it at your own risk.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
out of interest has anyone made an add-on as a shortcut in the settings before and then have it disappear each time the system re-boots. can't seem to find a way to make them stay?

Are you shutting down kodi properly after you have made the shortcut? Would also help to know what device you are using. On my android box I shut down kodi by the off icon and that solved the problem.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Are you shutting down kodi properly after you have made the shortcut? Would also help to know what device you are using. On my android box I shut down kodi by the off icon and that solved the problem.

using a minux. Normally power off using the remote, but last night I made the changes and then turned off using the icon. Looks to have worked.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
No - 'just the second half' of the instructions same as you found Exodus after loading fusion

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
You need to read your own post...
It is illegal to sell or distribute these set top boxes when they are fully loaded.. it is not illegal to buy an android box. It is not illegal to use kodi. It is illegal to stream certain content, however, afaik, nobody has ever been convicted of streaming. Do not mix streaming up with downloading.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Can I just throw this out there:-

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/photo-video/is-kodi-legal-streaming-movies-tv-3640854/

To Quote:

Back in June 2014, there was a “landmark” case where a media service company (Meltwater) was sued by several media groups including the UK-based Newspaper Licensing Agency (NLA).

Essentially, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) ruled against the NLA saying that viewing copyrighted content online is not copyright infringement.

It all boils down to the fact that the copyrighted information is stored only temporarily on the user’s computer, and temporary copies are exempt from copyright laws. That’s big news, since it has implications beyond simple web pages, which is what the case was all about.

Since then, the CJEU was asked to clarify whether these existing EU copyright exemptions also apply to viewing and streaming videos online. The court said that streaming videos is different to making a copy, so is also exempt from copyright laws.

Of course, the owners and operators of the streaming services which make this copyright protected content available are breaking the law and can be prosecuted, but as a viewer and streamer you are not breaking any European law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here