Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Atkinson

Yoda

English & European
He just could not wait to give them a free kick most of the time, where as it seemed Cardiff could do anything to our players. Absolutely shocking display.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leaving aside the red card, the ref killed the physical contest. Fans want to see players competing for the ball. Cardiff never got stuck in and the ref rewarded them for it every time. I can't remember the last time we were penalised so much for so little.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Disgraceful performance in so many ways.

2nd goal - at least one offside possibly 2 - ok Lino should give that...

Also missed the blatant pull on our player going to close down the blocked shot from the corner that lead to the goal. Disgrace.

Handed them the points and stole 3 from us - simple as.

This isn’t a thread to discuss what we could have done better - we didn’t play that well although it was difficult with 10. The point is he favoured the home team from minute 1.

Oh come on mate, he really wasn’t that bad and certainly didn’t cost us the game.

Yes he made some poor decisions but no more than any other ref every week and not as many as our manager and players, especially Stephens who should never have lunged in. We should have learnt that he was going to give soft fouls but we didn’t, we kept diving in.

I really admire the fact you will always defend your team, Brighton and England, but today we’ve only got ourselves to blame.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Lee Probert, took all the flak last week for booking Gray and then the same place a week later Atkinson refuses to book Bamba. One of them must be wrong and needs to be suspended

It's a sh1t rule, even more so because it is inconsistently applied. Probert will watch this and not thank Atkinson for making him look like a **** for the second week running.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Leaving aside the red card, the ref killed the physical contest. Fans want to see players competing for the ball. Cardiff never got stuck in and the ref rewarded them for it every time. I can't remember the last time we were penalised so much for so little.

this is the modern game apparently .....if Andone makes an absolute meal of getting taken out then the guy gets marched........utter bollox

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh come on mate, he really wasn’t that bad and certainly didn’t cost us the game.

Yes he made some poor decisions but no more than any other ref every week and not as many as our manager and players, especially Stephens who should never have lunged in. We should have learnt that he was going to give soft fouls but we didn’t, we kept diving in.

I really admire the fact you will always defend your team, Brighton and England, but today we’ve only got ourselves to blame.

were you at the game or did you watch on tv .......even my 16 year old daughter said ..." what's wrong with the ref , is he offended by green...??"

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Absolutely appalling refereeing. Got the big calls horribly wrong which had a huge impact on the game, but his general game management and decision making was shockingly poor throughout.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Says it all....
7185A06A-495C-49D0-A8A1-01771CFA8C5F.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ref needs suspending, it’s that simple

Bent performance imo

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

I think there is an element of truth in both the OP and your response the Ref was an absolute bell cheese of Stinking Bishop level but we were bloody awful and seem intent on producing away performances bordering on incompetent.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
From the refs view and the speed he would have seen it it’s a red

VAR would have over turned it I imagine.

I do think Stephens was foolish going in like that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here