Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're On Our Way...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We sounded really loud at the game but yet on the highlights you can hardly hear our fans.

I think it can be quite deceptive when we are in the section singing but overall considering the numbers that travelled I thought we did well and Barnsley's support was :shit:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just saw this on twitter and usuall stuff from brighton fans , 100 mph attempt to get to the end :rant:
Slow down FFS

Yep - my first thought too. In the North concourse (aided by the bin drummers it has to be said) it was done nice and slow - proper speed. Today's effort didn't sound nearly as good as was waaaaay too fast. Way too fast.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just saw this on twitter and usuall stuff from brighton fans , 100 mph attempt to get to the end :rant:
Slow down FFS

That's a shame because in the North after the Burton game it was sung slowly, and in time, for ages.

But then of course that's only because there was someone banging on the wall to keep it in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Perhaps we should have a drum then!!

Yes, that's what I was getting at.

It is a real shame that Brighton fans are so incapable of singing in time or not trying to outdo each other by singing different songs, or singing them at lightening speed, but it has finally come to this. It needs a 3 game trial with the right person doing it i.e. not the police box crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I've been against a drum previously but last Saturday after the Burton game actually changed my opinion seeing what effect it had and how it bought everyone together and more importantly in time!

Personally I think it should be given a trial for the Reading game on Saturday, gauge the success or failure afterwards and go from there. I'm sure many will disagree and I'll probably get slated for the proposal, but I'm all for trying to improve the atmosphere and bring everyone together in the North Stand for what are two of our biggest games of the season.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I've been against a drum previously but last Saturday after the Burton game actually changed my opinion seeing what effect it had and how it bought everyone together and more importantly in time!

Personally I think it should be given a trial for the Reading game on Saturday, gauge the success or failure afterwards and go from there. I'm sure many will disagree and I'll probably get slated for the proposal, but I'm all for trying to improve the atmosphere and bring everyone together in the North Stand for what are two of our biggest games of the season.
Why not. Nothing to lose. Imperative the Amex is a cauldron next two home games. All games are important, these 2 are massive. Be great to have the North in full song in unison. Have no doubt that will get the rest of the ground going. Just like massive in the play-offs

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I've traditionally been against drums, I often believed they created a false atmosphere that is orchestrated and doesn't reflect how often witty and spontaneous chants from the terraces can be.

My only concerns are:
1) How do we decide who drums as we don't want too many turning up with a drum
2) how do we know who is good enough to sum..

Obviously we don't need a Dave Grohl, but we don't want a 4 year old Cub Scout who is only learning...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I've traditionally been against drums, I often believed they created a false atmosphere that is orchestrated and doesn't reflect how often witty and spontaneous chants from the terraces can be.

My only concerns are:
1) How do we decide who drums as we don't want too many turning up with a drum
2) how do we know who is good enough to sum..

Obviously we don't need a Dave Grohl, but we don't want a 4 year old Cub Scout who is only learning...

"We" " You". Don't decide, just need someone brave enough to put their head above the parapet and get on with it.
I'm sure they'll get shot down one way or another.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and also sung down the M1 nearly all the way from Barnsley to Nottingham, and will be some of the way back to Sussex later!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
"We" " You". Don't decide, just need someone brave enough to put their head above the parapet and get on with it.
I'm sure they'll get shot down one way or another.

Hopefully the guys that orchestrated the concourse performance after Burton.

Pretty sure it's the guy who is central in the stand with the 'little magician' banner.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
[tweet]830484462806958081[/tweet]

Managed to do it. This doesn't really do it justice as it was fecking loud and constant for ages - good to see us singing a song longer than 30 seconds - quality :clap2:

Fantastic :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here