May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm confident we'll be:

bouncing_ad.jpg

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The Knockaert pass back wasn't a good sign either. When players start doing things they would never do, you know it's not going to end well.

I counted that Knockaert passed to the opposition on at least 5 occasions. Was he confused by the fact they were playing in blue and white?

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
We played poorly and hudders played out of there skin our squad depth is fine just had a really bad night.it ll be put right sunday.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Huddersfield were definitely at their game tonight, and made the most of the luck that came there way - much like we have this season.

Our shape was much better in the second half, and that showed in Huddersfield not getting any more goals despite not letting up the pressure at all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
In fairness, I thought Huddersfield were superb tonight and looked every inch a team capable of obtaining promotion this season. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that they're probably the best team that have played against us Oor I've seen) since we moved from League 1 to the Championship. Losing to them, therefore, was hardly catastrophic although the manner of the performance was less than encouraging for the rest of the campaign. Chris has really got his work cut out for Sunday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Goldson JUST did the job against another top team...
Wednesday didn't come at the Albion like Huddersfield did, and were always going to.
It wasn't Weds cup final :facepalm:

Sure Bruno set a pretty low bar tonight, but seeing how the round pegs in round holes fared, I just can't make a case for a square peg option.

As you said Liam would have given the much needed to solidity to build on, c'est la vie.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Perspective needed.

A bad day at the office for the Albion. Outplayed and outfought. No composure from the start with Bruno's yellow card inside the first minute..

But losing away to a decent playoff team isn't really any worse than Newcastle drawing at home to a side fighting relegation.

We were probably expecting a point but didn't get one, they were expecting all 3 and dropped 2 of them in the last minute.

Winning our home games and picking up a few points on the road will be enough.

Cause for concern, but not alarm.

This is the most sensible assessment of the match and situation and sums my thoughts exactly.

Next game, we are still in the driving seat which is more than any of us expected at the start of the season.

Huddersfield are a very good team, and will take points of those challenging hopefully we can dust ourselves down and focus.

Our job is to get behind the team, home and away and be that extra man. I thought Huddersfield fans created a great atmosphere which helps.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Wednesday didn't come at the Albion like Huddersfield did, and were always going to.
It wasn't Weds cup final :facepalm:

Sure Bruno set a pretty low bar tonight, but seeing how the round pegs in round holes fared, I just can't make a case for a square peg option.

As you said Liam would have given the much needed to solidity to build on, c'est la vie.

Better a square peg than a round one with woodworm and a slit down the middle ;)
Catty.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
In fairness, I thought Huddersfield were superb tonight and looked every inch a team capable of obtaining promotion this season. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that they're probably the best team that have played against us Oor I've seen) since we moved from League 1 to the Championship. Losing to them, therefore, was hardly catastrophic although the manner of the performance was less than encouraging for the rest of the campaign. Chris has really got his work cut out for Sunday.

Yes, they were excellent tonight. Reminded me of Watford beating us at The Amex (the season they didn't go up, but should have - rather than the one they did)

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I think the key issue was the the fact we had no outlet up front, the game was played at a high tempo and we couldn't match them due to Hemed and Murray being so slow. They were good and we got it wrong, dust ourselves off and move on and make sure everyone is bang up for Brentford

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Midfield overrun today - that's pretty clear. Was that the first time we've started Kayal and Norwood together?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here