Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom after the game today

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Having Ulloa come back and take to the PL is very romantic but it isn't practical. I agree with BG in that we need a different type of player and Leo is too similar to Murray and Hemed. We need a player who has pace and can fill in, and offer competition, for Baldock.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know I sound like a scratched record but Ulloa on loan until the end of the season? He does well, his price goes up, Leicester cash in.

My record is even more scratched, Texeira would be a much much better bet than Ulloa. He would give Baldock, who spends half a season injured, competition and add a creative edge and guile.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We always try to sign a striker - the problem is we don't seem to try hard enough. What is it about the club and strikers? I wish I knew. Incredibly, we only have two first team (and permanent) strikers on our books. I

Not sure why Glenn Murray isn't permanent. He'll be here until the summer and longer if club wants him.
so thats 3.
And what is about the club and strikers ?
We've signed Hemed, Baldock, Zamora and Murray (and Knockaert who's scored 16 in 12 months) in the last 3 years. Who else in the Champ has had a better output/value from their set of strikers in recent years ?

Who else has made £8-9m profit on a striker they've sold in the last 3 years. ?

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dear Paul,

Wouldn't we do much better if we bought earlier in January?

Cheers

Prince.

....awaiting reply.

Dear Prince,

It would be much better.

But it rarely works out in the way we would like- because there are so many interested parties and so many people involved. And we have to ensure we are not being ripped off.

If only it was that simple- as every other club would also say.

Paul

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Texeira has so far spent half the season injured/not in the squad and has played a total of 30 minutes of football this season since signing for FC Porto in the summer.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joao-teixeira/leistungsdaten/spieler/132214

Not accurate with cups included. He has Brahimi, Otavio and Corona ahead of him much like he had Lallana, Coutinho etc ahead of him at Liverpool. Moreover, they don't even play with a no.10 so he is having to adapt as a wide player to get minutes.

All the more reason he would be available and a good option.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not accurate with cups included. He has Brahimi, Otavio and Corona ahead of him much like he had Lallana, Coutinho etc ahead of him at Liverpool. Moreover, they don't even play with a no.10 so he is having to adapt as a wide player to get minutes.

All the more reason he would be available and a good option.

I'm sure there are good reasons but he's not yet started a league game for Porto. In fact he's not started a league game for anyone since he broke his leg for us nearly 2 years ago.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm sure there are good reasons but he's not yet started a league game for Porto. In fact he's not started a league game for anyone since he broke his leg for us nearly 2 years ago.

If he was starting league games for Porto, considering what is ahead of him, then we'd have little chance of seeing him here. In their last 9/10 games, he has started a cup game and come on as a sub 5 times in the league. He is probably not too far away from being match fit.

Whether it be himself or his agent to blame, he is not finding his level. Just because he can't break into Porto's first team, who could probably comfortably turn over at least a couple of clubs in the top 5/6 of the PL, doesn't mean he couldn't be a superb player for us and help us over the line.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Dear Paul,

Wouldn't we do much better if we bought earlier in January?

Cheers

Prince.

....awaiting reply.

Dear Prince

Clubs rarely want to sell to you early I the transfer window until they themselves get the targets they are after so it becomes like a roundabout where no one can get off until it starts to slow down

Signed

''Guessing on behalf of'' Paul

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Spoke to a mates friend on the way back to the station and confirmed we are actively trying to bring in a striker by the close of the window.

giphy.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I kinda cringe at him being fired these questions tbh

Utmost respect to the bloke for laying himself open to the firing line on a matchday awayday. Like all ultra-rich people he could quite easily insulate himself against all such encounters. He chooses not to. Must get quite messy at times, what with drunk and/or passionate fans on the the road. Utter utter top man for putting himself through all that! :bowdown:

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Utmost respect to the bloke for laying himself open to the firing line on a matchday awayday. Like all ultra-rich people he could quite easily insulate himself against all such encounters. He chooses not to. Must get quite messy at times, what with drunk and/or passionate fans on the the road. Utter utter top man for putting himself through all that! :bowdown:
To be fair I saw him at New Cross last year after Wolves and he was way more pissed than me,we were just trying to work out the platform for the next train !. He did pose for a photograph with my son though.....love that man

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Pay £20 million for a striker to get us up and unlock hundreds of millions in the Prem or penny pinch and go without and take a risk that we fall flat on our backsides again. I thought Bloom was meant to be a gambler ?

Lots of people do. Doesn't mean that he is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
maybe the question should have been were you happy for us to lose today. I would guess his response might have been the PL is very much his priority .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here