Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ulloa to start next game?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He also sulked when lost the ball like the old days

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
So Ulloa's header v Arsenal, when he bent his head back, like a cobra, a couple of years ago didn't happen?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Murray wins headers Ulloa doesn't. Ulloa is better with his feet but is slower than Murray. Really need a replacement and I don't think it is Locadia.

Completely disagree re headers and speed. When Murray does win a header it is rarely as controlled or meant as Leo. Murray is also much much slower and not as physically strong as Leo.

Murray is a natural poacher and goalscorer who has had a marvelous season for us but has looked pretty burnt out in recent games and needs a rest (especially after the shift he put in tonight).

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Completely disagree re headers and speed. When Murray does win a header it is rarely as controlled or meant as Leo. Murray is also much much slower and not as physically strong as Leo.

Murray is a natural poacher and goalscorer who has had a marvelous season for us but has looked pretty burnt out in recent games and needs a rest (especially after the shift he put in tonight).

This.
Leo & J-Lo work well together too

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
He looked really sharp when he came on. Excellent hold up play, great knock ons. Glen looking a little tired as the season draws to a close.

Yep start Ulloa .Murray must win more headers from goal kicks than any man in this division. Howeever give Ulloa a chance and a contract as he has a touch of class about him. Could see
15 goals in him next season. Hopefully 2
Or 3 this season

He looked really sharp when he came on. Excellent hold up play, great knock ons. Glen looking a little tired as the season draws to a close.

Really? Game of opinions. Think he looks a shadow of what he was before, just seemed to spend the last 15 mins slipping over

Ulloa did alright when he came on. Did a few nice touches too. But was he any faster than Murray? Answers on a postcard.........................

Loved him when he was here before. Is he the striker we need next season - sorry, but I just don't think so.

Yup - clearly we were smart to hold our nerve when Leicester wanted a sale in the window

Must be getting very frustrated I would imagine, is there something we don't know?

I reckon Hughton thinks he’s a 10. Which is a problem for JL as Gross ain’t getting benched any time soon

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Really? Game of opinions. Think he looks a shadow of what he was before, just seemed to spend the last 15 mins slipping over

Bit harsh.
I can only remember one slip that mattered?

I'll agree he looks a shadow of what he was before, but to be fair he's had very few minutes to shine since he re-joined us, and I thought tonight was his best so far by a million miles.

Having said all that, Murray played well tonight and doesn't deserve to be dropped, but if it does happen in the next game I won't feel too uncomfortable with Ulloa up top.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Loved him when he was here before. Is he the striker we need next season - sorry, but I just don't think so.

Depends if we think we can better for less than £20m... Ulloa and another younger option wouldn’t be bad at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looked really really slow today but his hold up play and overall link up play were superb. Would like to see him start with Locadia or Baldock at some point.

Good player. Loved the bloke while he was here. But that was the past - we need to be looking to the future now, and that means improvements wherever we can get them. Ulloa isn't that step forward. If he was, Leicester wouldn''t have lent him to us.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Murray had a superb game tonight put in a huge shift, didn't want to come off and when he did got a deserved standing ovation. Ulloa was also excellent when he came on as he has been in recent games. I can see why the op thinks Ulloa should start but to my mind, Murray still has the shirt for now.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

In the last two games Ulloa has come on I don't think he has won a header. Yes he is better with his feet but i don't think he is any faster nor does he have Murray's work rate. it would be interesting to see whose opinion is correct when the stats are looked at.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What surprised me was that Murray didnt win a single header or flick on that I could think of but when Ulloa came on he won everyone just by timing his jump and getting into position better I would definitely start Ulloa at Burnleu

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
What surprised me was that Murray didnt win a single header or flick on that I could think of but when Ulloa came on he won everyone just by timing his jump and getting into position better I would definitely start Ulloa at Burnleu

Watch a replay of the game on TV if you can, and you will be surprised how many headers Murray did win, plus he won his fair share of ground challenges and his touch tonight was first class.
I'm sure it was Murray's hold up play on the touchline and delicate reverse pass to Isquiy that set up the penalty.
Ulloa did reasonably well tonight, but he wasn't as good as Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here