Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Lesser known clubs who have had a go at us at home

Jan 30, 2008
Port vale when they got promoted,stand off outside the bus depot when Brighton came through the flats from the eclipse, Huddersfield midweek 80's had a few game Lads in the east terrace kicked off during the game,as mentioned Brentford midweek brought 2,000 can't say I see anything of note but not to say nothing happened , Northampton Friday night came up to the Cliftonville before the game but didn't hang around few knocking around outside the north before ko came down in mini buses .Swindon brought a big firm when we were at withdean after they got a surprise at their place earlier that season,spent most of their time in the Bell during the game .
mentions to Crawley and Barnet FA cup games as well as Plymouth,Oldham came down proper after a couple of incidents at Boundry park,anyone clued up will know about that,anyway that's enough from me ................anyone else ???
regards
DR

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Blackpool had a go , didn't last long really , i seem to remember Oxford tried it on in the N/W corner once but i maybe mistaken on that one , my overwhelming memory of Northstand takeovers was a friendly with spurs i think it was 1-6 to them it was literally rammed with spurs , i was only a whippersnapper but a small group of Brighton re entered the north after half time and had a right old ding dong battle which ended in a kind of respectful no mans land truce .

A teenage Sol Campbell played in that midweek August game in the mid 90's? Stood out as the best player even by then.

I was in the NS but never saw any aggro. Unless we played them another time?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
A teenage Sol Campbell played in that midweek August game in the mid 90's? Stood out as the best player even by then.

Joe Kinnear testimonial 76ish

First time I see the North with foreigners in it

Loads of aggro before,during and no doubt after

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Definitely kicked off right in the middle just after half time , it was bloody scary I’d just purchased a new pair of Dunlop green flash

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Hard work trying to read that page with all the adverts
The Vale fan says the police wouldn't let them into town ( pubs I guess ) because of what the Stoke fans had done previously.

Mostly remember it was a bad game for us and a disappointing season

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I’m not sure if Pompey (#twats) count as a lesser known club, but they always turned up in numbers at the Goldstone.
One particular occasion I remember was Easter Monday 1973, when ( apparently aided by fans of some London clubs whose teams weren’t playing that day ) they invaded the North Stand, and The Albion fans were forced towards the West side of the NS and eventually onto the North West terracing
There were outbreaks of fighting throughout the match as Brighton made attempts to retake the North, but we were outnumbered and forced back each time.
Lots of trouble in town before and after the game.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I’m not sure if Pompey (#twats) count as a lesser known club, but they always turned up in numbers at the Goldstone.
One particular occasion I remember was Easter Monday 1973, when ( apparently aided by fans of some London clubs whose teams weren’t playing that day ) they invaded the North Stand, and The Albion fans were forced towards the West side of the NS and eventually onto the North West terracing
There were outbreaks of fighting throughout the match as Brighton made attempts to retake the North, but we were outnumbered and forced back each time.
Lots of trouble in town before and after the game.
A friend of mine was in a marching band aged 14 and was marching along the seafront before the match when the whole band were confronted with the Portsmouth mob and had to turn tail and quickly run the other way. I was in the NS that day and remember 4-5 fans with coshes running in and causing mayhem among the Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here