Jun 6, 2014
Train fare £153.90
Cost of watching football £361.10

£19 a match is pretty good value is it not

or Championship football

Train £186.30
Football £328.70

£14 a match

That’s fine if you live in a place where they offer free travel. Considering it was £19 for a championship game two seasons ago, it’s a proportionately big rise if we go down, especially for those of us that have to pay for travel on top. In fact, we have a relatively expensive cost for STs in the top flight.

But as I said on a previous thread, I’ll just buy less at the games in terms of drinks and food.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Renewing again but very close to my limit. Another increase and i'm probably done for.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That’s fine if you live in a place where they offer free travel. Considering it was £19 for a championship game two seasons ago, it’s a proportionately big rise if we go down, especially for those of us that have to pay for travel on top. In fact, we have a relatively expensive cost for STs in the top flight.

But as I said on a previous thread, I’ll just buy less at the games in terms of drinks and food.

I had a text from o2 today that they are increasing DD's by 4% so no different to that and I bet there are plenty we cannot do without the best phones and pay in excess of £50 a month.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I had a text from o2 today that they are increasing DD's by 4% so no different to that and I bet there are plenty we cannot do without the best phones and pay in excess of £50 a month.

Sure, but if everyone puts their prices up and salaries don’t go up to counteract that, then people are worse off. So they have to make cuts somewhere. For me, one of those cuts will be eating and drinking at the football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here