Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm not sure ALL of it has but it's certainly having its moments of confusion. For example, Daniel Hannan, MEP and highly popular figure in the Brexit campaign, now signals his support for free movement of workers into the UK after the country departs the EU.

Most people support free movement of workers we NEED,not free-for-all movement like the EU clowns!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Exactly. How many times do we have to reiterate CONTROLLED immigration, similar to Dicks Bar, one in who we need, as one goes out .

What do you feel we need out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What do you feel we need out of interest?

Well there are many things we need, but the basics imo are.
Immigration control giving priorities to the skills and jobs that are needed.
Making sure that after net figures taking into consideration emigration, that we are not letting in a net figure of population the size of the population of Coventry.... YEARLY.

Both examples are CONTROLLED immigration.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you understand that you are calling leading Brexit campaigner Daniel Hannan an EU clown?

Your crew are always saying prove it-the only thing I could find is this,where he is quoting remain leaflets: dh.jpg

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Out of interest do you have a ceiling where even you would say enough is enough,no more migrants?

As I anticipated,this question did not get an answer because those on the remain side actually do have a ceiling which they refuse to admit.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your crew are always saying prove it-the only thing I could find is this,where he is quoting remain leaflets:View attachment 74835

Of course.

The Times, May 17, page 8, col 1.

'In a development for the Leave campaign, Daniel Hannan, the leading pro-Brexit MEP, said that Britian should follow the example of Norway, Iceland and Switzerland and join the European Free Trade Association if there was a vote to leave on June 23. This would mean continuing to allow EU free movement of workers - one of the main arguments used by Brexit supporters for a vote to leave.'

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm sure if your job or wages haven't been influenced by mass immigration you are unlikely to view it as a problem. Or having trouble accessing local services, the NHS, schools it's not an issue. Or seeing your part of the world change beyond all recognition without any consultation or democratic mandate you may adopt a 'I'm all right jack' keep em coming mindset.

Well luckily for you they are

Mass migration is the major cause of our rapid population increase.

It is estimated that net migration plus births to foreign-born parents has accounted for 85% of UK population growth since 2000.

Under the official ‘high’ migration scenario the population is projected to rise by around 500,000 a year – the equivalent to a new city the size of Liverpool every year.

75% of this increase will be down to future migrants and their children.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/population

Note the official high migration scenario is 265,000 per year whereas the reality in recent years has been 300,000+ net immigration. Approximately half from the EU.

Plus of course we have virtually no ability to plan for future levels of immigration or population growth because all EU citizens have a right to live and work here we cannot limit the numbers.

"We need to build around 240 houses every day for the next 20 years just to be able to cope with increased demand from future migration," - BBC Fact Check the sums add up

"To cope with the kind of pressure that immigration is placing on the schools system the taxpayer is having to find extra school places equivalent to building 27 new average-sized secondary schools or 100 new primary schools." - BBC Fact Check this actually probably underestimates the numbers of new schools/places needed.

Plus of course Over 3 million EU citizens living in the UK having access to the NHS.

Please remember not to whine on at the Government in future years as the numerous waiting lists and problems increase .. as it will be at least partially your fault if you vote Remain :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You have to drop this poster thing man. It's a quote about the EU from BoJo. It does not negate or minimise the role of NATO.

Because on this occasion Boris was talking about the EU?

On this occasion Boris was writing about just the EU ?....really?
The quote doesn’t negate or minimise the role of NATO?.....double really?

Well you two certainly seem sold, Boris was writing about Europe not NATO apparently.
Well yes. that’s what the poster says,that’s what it implies,that’s what it is designed to do and that’s what you have taken away from the message(along with no doubt many others), that Boris was talking about the EU and not NATO when giving out thanks for peace and prosperity. It’s a message the remain camp like to push, thank the EU no need to mention NATO.

Im sure you don’t need reminding that the quote on the poster is a line from his book.

"the European Community, now Union, has helped to deliver a period of peace and prosperity for its people as long as any since the days of the Antonine emperors."

Here is the FULL line from the book.(page 308 if you are interested)

"Together with NATO the European Community, now Union, has helped to deliver a period of peace and prosperity for its people as long as any since the days of the Antonine emperors."

Notice anything different?Now someone somewhere in the remain camp has read this line and said ok chaps lets knock up this snappy image to show Boris thanks The EU for peace and prosperity, we don’t want any reference to NATO so leave the first three words out.

Now you know what he actually wrote
Does the quote negate or minimise the role of NATO?.....obviously Yes,
Was he writing only about the EU…..obviously NO

so Ill ask the original question again
why no mention of NATO in this quote?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Plus of course we have virtually no ability to plan for future levels of immigration or population growth because all EU citizens have a right to live and work here we cannot limit the numbers.
:

are you sure this is correct chap?
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION] have assured everyone on this thread we do indeed have control of our borders and can therefore set limits on how many EU citizens can enter(this whole freedom of movement thing is a myth)…….no one told the border guards though for some reason.
They both seem to know what they are talking about on this issue,im sure they cant be lying to everyone

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
EU immigrants pay more in taxes than they use public services

looks like this myth has been blown out of the water
mass immigration costs millions every day

"This report shows that EU migration, taken as a whole, is not making the positive fiscal contribution that has so often been claimed. Furthermore, it is adding to the rapidly increasing pressures on housing and public services."

8. Haven't HMRC just published figures showing recent EEA nationals pay five times more than they get?
No. They only compare receipts of income tax and National Insurance with payments of child benefit and tax credits. The same comparison shows the UK general population paying six times more than they get. While on the one hand the comparison does not include taxes like VAT and excise duties, on the other hand it doesn't include housing benefit or any other DWP payments, and most importantly does not include the cost of any public services whatsoever.

9. HMRC say recent EEA migrants make a net fiscal contribution of £2.5 billion
This is nonsense. No one would describe this sum as a net fiscal contribution for the reasons given in paragraph 8. If the calculation were carried out for the UK population as a whole it would give a 'net fiscal contribution' of over £220 billion. If that were so, the UK would not be in deficit!

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/448

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rope-cost-the-british-taxpayer-3m-a-day-last/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...osts-Britain-3m-a-day-shock-report-warns.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3593872/17bn-true-cost-immigration-UK-year.html

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/17/revealed-eu-migrants-cost-uk-1-billion-year/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/670875/migrants-cost-britain-brexit-eu-referendum-migration-report

couldn’t find any links to the report from the guardian or BBC soz….im sure they are just short of staff or something

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not some pillock sending messages using blancmange, for a start!

No, I asked what you felt we needed. I'm quite happy to remove the signature on my posts if it would help you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION] have assured everyone on this thread we do indeed have control of our borders and can therefore set limits on how many EU citizens can enter(this whole freedom of movement thing is a myth)…….no one told the border guards though for some reason.
They both seem to know what they are talking about on this issue,im sure they cant be lying to everyone

We only have one open border and that is with Ireland. We still have the right to check every passport and refuse entry should we feel it necessary to do so.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

I don't think anyone has ever argued that freedom of movement is a myth. What's been said is that we do have a border, we are not part of Schengen, you must present your passport at the border. We can't set limits, but we can bar entry to any particular individual.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well there are many things we need, but the basics imo are.
Immigration control giving priorities to the skills and jobs that are needed.
Making sure that after net figures taking into consideration emigration, that we are not letting in a net figure of population the size of the population of Coventry.... YEARLY.

Both examples are CONTROLLED immigration.

But what are the skills that you feel we need?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here