Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why wasn't Murphy booked for diving last night?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
If the ref thought that it wasn't a penalty, then Murphy must have dived. Why wasn't he booked? Probably because the ref thought like the rest of us that Murphy was fouled. Then why wasn't a penalty given? It's moments like this that really p**s me off. Thank god promotion was already assured !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does everything have to be a foul or a dive? Is it a non-contact sport now?

Personally, I thought it was a penalty, but marginal. However, to not give the foul is not an automatic booking for diving.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If the ref thought that it wasn't a penalty, then Murphy must have dived. Why wasn't he booked? Probably because the ref thought like the rest of us that Murphy was fouled. Then why wasn't a penalty given? It's moments like this that really p**s me off. Thank god promotion was already assured !

It could get a whole lot worse next season

West+Ham+United+v+Southampton+Premier+League+M1zqRX-XTb9x.jpg

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a free kick. I don't know why it should be treated any different because its in the area

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a penalty, but the ref may have thought he was turning away from goal when he fell. The defender was clever in the way he pulled his leg back but left his hip in, to check Murphy. Don't forget the ref has a split second to make a decision, which sounds obvious.
That said, it should have been given.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It was a penner,also the ref should have pulled up play when Knocker and Dorrans were having a bit of handbags,just one of them nights I suppose,let's get the job done against the Wurzles.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
why was Norwood taken off was my gripe on the night as well as the pen and bad luck for the goals, i thought Norwood was having a very good game..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The ref, Tim Robinson is from East Sussex, total crap. Probably thought he shouldn't show 'favouritism' for a nailed on pen. Tw@t.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Ref messed up moments before & gave us a free kick outside our box when it should've been a Norwich free kick - so even'd it up

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Because it was an industrial foul and certain penalty

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
why was Norwood taken off was my gripe on the night as well as the pen and bad luck for the goals, i thought Norwood was having a very good game..

Really? He lacks any domination of the middle of the park, Stevens instantly changed that Prickard was given so much space prior.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was a penalty, but the ref may have thought he was turning away from goal when he fell. The defender was clever in the way he pulled his leg back but left his hip in, to check Murphy. Don't forget the ref has a split second to make a decision, which sounds obvious.
That said, it should have been given.
Why make the comment he was turning away, what part of the laws cover that. He was taken out inside the area, the ref bottled it. An obvious penalty. Thought so last night at the game and even more so having seen the replay, just happy it's not that relevant in the scheme of things.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why make the comment he was turning away, what part of the laws cover that. He was taken out inside the area, the ref bottled it. An obvious penalty. Thought so last night at the game and even more so having seen the replay, just happy it's not that relevant in the scheme of things.

I agree, but some argue that it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

WGull

Jan 27, 2017

Norwood might have been playing well but norwich constantly had so much time and space in the midfield, as soon as he went off and stephens came on we looked a far better side. It isnt a dig at norwood but the midfield lacked any bite until he went off. It probably has more to do with sidwell looking knackered from about 50 mins as well but it was the right choice from my seat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here