Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would your transfer policy be this summer?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just some ideas of players who may be on the move this summer.

Tom Lawrence. Just a class player.
Musa (Leicester). Could be a great fit. Rapid. Insane work rate. Looked brilliant in pre-season but just not cut it this year.
Fabian Delph. Doesn't get game time, still only about 27. Great engine. Likes a shot. Wages may be an issue.
Aaron Mooy - Will never break into that Man City team. Snap him Up.
Tammy Abraham. Chelsea willing to loan?
Andre Gray. Has found himself surplus at Burnley but past comments mean it could be a PR gaff.
Sessagnon (Fulham). I imagine he's destined for a top 6 club but what a talent.
Jermaine Defoe. Would the wages be the issue? Guarentees goals.
Jordan Pickford.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For me, it's to buy a selection of similar looking players. A clone army, of sorts. Mightily confusing, and they could wear wristbands that would lead to believe that when pressed or rotated they will all join together to form a 23ft Hemedformer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me, it's to buy a selection of similar looking players. A clone army, of sorts. Mightily confusing, and they could wear wristbands that would lead to believe that when pressed or rotated they will all join together to form a 23ft Hemedformer.

Is that not what Huddersfield did this season.

10 identikit players and Mooy.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Personally my start of summer shopping list would be;

Michael Vorm - GK - Tottenham - £5m: Year left on his contract but after only playing 11 games in all competitions this season he'll probably be looking to move on. I know I'll probably get sticky for this but he's an excellent keeper with a lot of Prem experience. Him and Stockdale would be excellent options

Charlie Taylor - LB - Leeds - Free(ish): Excellent young LB who's out of contract with Leeds in the summer. We'd probably be looking at a hefty whack of compensation but he's better than anything we have and if he copes with the step up to the Prem then we'll turn a profit on him. If Leeds don't go up then we should seriously look at him.

John Terry - CB - Chelsea - Free: Says he wants to leave Chelsea for a new challenge. That either means America, China or a bottom half Prem team. Even if he wasn't starting, the knowledge he could give to Dunk, Duffy, Goldson & Dalison would be priceless. Give him a player/coach role for two years.

Jack Cork- CM - Swansea - £8m: I think there will be a lot of times next season where we play a 3 man midfield, so we'll need 2 more CM's in my opinion and that's if Stephens stays! Cork would be an excellent addition. Premier League experience, and good at breaking up play. Basically a younger Sidwell.

Shane Long - ST - Southampton - 15m: Exacrly what we would need next year. A direct upgrade on Baldock, with the added bonus of being able to operate comfortably on the left wing if we're playing 4-3-3 away from home.

Leaving us with a team of;

Home:

Vorm
Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Taylor
Knockaert - Stephens - Cork - March
Murray - Long

Subs; Stockdale, Terry, Rosenior, Kayal, Murphy, Baldock, Hemed

Away:

Vorm
Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Taylor
Stephens - Kayal - Cork
Knockaert - Murray - Long

Stockdale, Terry, Rosenior, Sidwell, March, Murphy, Baldock

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand all the shouting for Vorm at Spurs as when I have seen him, granted only on the box, he has looked the weak link for them and a liability. I would sooner spend the money keeping Stockdale. If needed, because Maenpaa wants first team football bring in an older experienced keeper with Premier League experience.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Three or - if budget allows- four quality additions.

Don't think CH will fall into the trap of signing a big name superannuated has been looking for a final pay day.

Quality of our Manager, training facility and the whole environment means I think we may be well positioned to get promising youngsters from the likes of Manchester United.

Happy problems to have.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I would buy a proven striker.

Think we've got away with it a bit this season. Thank goodness Murray and Hemed have stayed fit, otherwise I don't think we'd have made it.

Look at what happened to Murray at Palace - he got them to the playoffs, did his knee against us and then didn't play the next season.

I'd pay up for someone decent. Leo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Strengthen in most positions with a striker most essential. I think the Spanish La Liga would be a good place to look. Celta Vigo's John Guidetti only seems to play in the Europa League but he's still young and a Swedish international, left wing with a left back too.

It'll be an exciting summer and really looking forward to the transfers and fixture list.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Southampton have never gone mad on transfers. They've built each season, and despite players and managers moving on, retain a solid spirit in the camp. Pelle was what, £8m, scored plenty of goals and they sold him for £12m. Mane, bought for £12m, sold for £34m. You then look at what they've done for Redmond and even Shane Long, a lot to be admired up the South coast.

Manolo Gabbiadini will do fantastic next season and along with Newcastle's Dwight Gayle, could be worth long-shot bets for the Golden Boot.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
My guess is 3 players we've never never heard of, a surprise key signing we have and think Wow, and, statistically speaking, a complete dud a la Manu.

Don't forget loans too. Suspect we shall have at least one season long. Tomori is unlikely to break into Chelsea next season and would be a great start.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Skalak will be far better suited to the prem with his delivery and the time he'll get I can see him setting up plenty next season

Agree, with most players you wonder whether they are up to the higher level, Skalak is reverse, but he does still have to stay on his feet...if so and he gets his delivery as good as this time last season he could be a surprise big hit.

Oct 25, 2003
i just want shit load of foreign players with an aim of building a global brand

1. Chinese international Yu Hai. Hai has 65 caps for the Chinese national side and is an icon to many. Signing him would quickly make us China's number one team
2. Dom Dwyer. Dwyer was born in Cuckfield and has become one of the hottest properties in the MLS for Sporting Kansas City. Signing him would be a real signal of intent
3. Sunil Chhetri. Chhetri is the all time leading goalscorer for the Indian national team with a whopping 53 goals

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We have a great squad,and need minimum additions....but real quality ,to compete with those we already have.Assuming all want to stay ,then a right back,an attacking midfielder and striker.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My guess is 3 players we've never never heard of, a surprise key signing we have and think Wow, and, statistically speaking, a complete dud a la Manu.

Don't forget loans too. Suspect we shall have at least one season long. Tomori is unlikely to break into Chelsea next season and would be a great start.

This.

If we know about them, so does every club = a bidding war on fee if contracted and on wage demands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here