Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, which players have you seen against us at the Amex would you take a punt on ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Ginger midfielder from Brentford Wood i believe

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Lawrence, Cairney and Shelvey for starters (though I really really don't like him).

Abraham would be nice but I suspect Chelsea would want a fair bit for him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tom Cairney
Tom Lawrence
Jake Bidwell
Aaron Mooy
Ryan Fredericks
Tammy Abraham
Jota

Not a bad list. Don't recall Fredericks, Boswell or Jota setting the world alight, can't argue with the others.

Jack Grealish shone when he came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
No point going for anyone in the Championship as there is no value for money. I'd keep the majority of our current squad and look abroad for the few additions we need.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Not a bad list. Don't recall Fredericks, Boswell or Jota setting the world alight, can't argue with the others.

Jack Grealish shone when he came on.

Thought Fredericks was Fulham's best player when we played up there in Jan - young and an improvement on what we have at LB.

Bidwell caught my eye when we played QPR at home (was less impressive in the reverse fixture a few weeks ago). He's raw, but has potential.

Jota - just look at his record since Hogan left in Jan (and he did score against us in the 3-3).

Can't stand Grealish/Shelvey and want them NOWHERE near our club - and given all the recent info on our scouting team looking at a player's personality as much as their footballing ability would safely say we won't be seeing either of them at Brighton.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Dirk Kuyt. Was always impressed by him. Still playing, I think?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone who suggests Shelvey or any other DISRUPTIVE influence obviously has NO clue as to what got the team promoted

You didn't need the last 7 words.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought Fredericks was Fulham's best player when we played up there in Jan - young and an improvement on what we have at LB.

Bidwell caught my eye when we played QPR at home (was less impressive in the reverse fixture a few weeks ago). He's raw, but has potential.

Jota - just look at his record since Hogan left in Jan (and he did score against us in the 3-3).

Can't stand Grealish/Shelvey and want them NOWHERE near our club - and given all the recent info on our scouting team looking at a player's personality as much as their footballing ability would safely say we won't be seeing either of them at Brighton.

Cant deny their ability though and the thread is about players that have impressed you.

Don't rate Jota, bit of a 1 in 10 merchant in terms of chances. Bidwell I genuinely can't remember, and not sure how much of an improvement (if any) Fredericks is, but take your point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That said, Tammy Abraham on loan could be a good piece of business..
It would be interesting to know how much that loan deal would cost, the Albion.

Bearing in mind Everton wanted £3m for the loan of Niasse, and they didn't even want him at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here