Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lino giving Man Utd the ball back at the end

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Irrelevant I know but who else was infuriated by that lino kicking the ball back to Man Utd after Dunk had kicked it out. Could have cost us. Lino out.

Yes - really poor.

Hopefully picked up by assessors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - at the time I thought, how ****ing dare you! Although Dunk had kicked it off - no different from one of their lot in first half doing it though. Lino’s shouldn’t get involved.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep absolutely apoplectic because they’re supposed to remain fully impartial at all times. First time I’ve ever seen that in such a deliberate manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. But if it was him that gave the offside for their goal on 2 mins then I can forgive him anything in my book

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
5 substitutes @ 30 seconds each
1 goal celebration @ 30 seconds
Physio attention to Bong @ 30 seconds
Usual 1 minute to cover everything else

Totals 4'30"

Totally reasonable

Bong was longer than 30seconds down, as was Dunk both in the first half where 1 minute was given, so no, not reasonable.

I'd agree with you if there was some consistency to it ie. when teams in the past have come to stifle us from the off and we get 2-3 minutes stuck on which wouldn't even have covered half of it. It took about 1 minute for Cardiff to take each throw-in last year as they played pass the parcel with the ball before giving it an almighty clean and shine.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
IMO that should be a sackable offence. They aren't ****ing ball boys and giving the ball back to one team and not the other is clear bias.

Yet again we've beaten a top 6 side despite the referee's intentions.

something we have to get used to i suppose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Correct! It’s like being given a million quid and complaining that it’s in £20 notes and not £10.

It’s baffling. One of the most magical nights of Albion football for many years and within a few hours of the final whistle someone is still bothered by a trivial point to start this thread. It’s a valid point for sure, but it wasn’t on my mind immediately after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here