Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Moore is presumably on Reading's tour of Austria now. So unless news comes through of him leaving the tour, then he's not singing this week.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seen in the papers today that Saloman Rondon has a £16.5m release clause in his contract. If we can move on Hemed and Baldock surely that has to be worth exploring given he's a proven PL goalscorer?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Seen in the papers today that Saloman Rondon has a £16.5m release clause in his contract. If we can move on Hemed and Baldock surely that has to be worth exploring given he's a proven PL goalscorer?

7 goals in 36 appearances last season. 24 in 108 in total. He isn't really a goalscorer is he, more a hold it up for others type.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Rondon is decent despite the bad press on here. Not sure how he would be if not first choice though

Would like to see one of Hemed or Baldock moved on and another striker . Tau would of been ideal but loaning out changes my mind. Someone similar , not expecting first team but real potential to push the others. Young, pacey and stepping up.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Jahanbakhsh is supposedly making his mind up on Friday as to which club he'll join.

Leicester must be favourites.

Pros
More money
Recent title winners

Cons
Living in Leicester

I think it's still in the balance.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Money will swing it obviously, but it does seem like a lot of players are on the way out at Leicester...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pros
More money
Recent title winners

Cons
Living in Leicester

I think it's still in the balance.

Not sure recent title winners is relevant to him as they are extremely unlikely to do it again. What may be relevant, if it is truly between us and Leicester (and I've seen no suggestion we are still interested in the last few weeks), would be first team football. He would almost certainly get that with us but would he at Leicester (they still potentially have a lot of money to spend from the Mahrez sale)?

Overall, I think he would choose them but that might affect it in our favour.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are we still in the hunt then? Completely given up on this one happening TBH

No idea if we are or not - it's just that supposedly he's announcing which club he'll join on Friday. We may or may not even be in the running.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Are we still in the hunt then? Completely given up on this one happening TBH

I assume we're in the hunt for a winger. With Skalak not featuring last season, we only really have Knockaert, Izquierdo and March as wingers and, since we tend to play two of them, it leaves us with no cover if one is injured, suspended or loses form. Judging by Albion's usual methods, it may well be someone who's not been mentioned before when we do sign them!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So six signed to date. Still need another 3 in I think. CB, Liam Moore? A winger and another number 10.

I think that is probably the ideal target, but even if we get no more in - assuming Ben White can step up as 5th choice central defender ( if we count Bernardo as emergency 4th ) - then we are already in pretty good shape.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with CB (Moore?) and winger required ONLY...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here