Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale will he sign today !!!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The club do like to hang these things out for some unknown reason...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think we are all hanging on this signing a little too enthusiastically. Yes a decent keeper can stop you losing games, but we do have two capable options in the squad, both able to deliver until a better option crops up. But, a striker will win you games, this Stockdale saga just serves to muddy the recruitment waters from a fans perspective.....outfield players are far more important.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we are all hanging on this signing a little too enthusiastically. Yes a decent keeper can stop you losing games, but we do have two capable options in the squad, both able to deliver until a better option crops up. But, a striker will win you games, this Stockdale saga just serves to muddy the recruitment waters from a fans perspective.....outfield players are far more important.
At this stage (2 weeks to go), given the choice between a decent striker, or decent keeper, I'd go for a decent striker, because they're harder to get.

But I this would still be an important signing. Decent keepers win you games as well as stopping you lose them (if you're 1 up, world class saves effectively win you games - or if you're under the kosh and your keeper makes several top saves, and then you go up the other end and win it, the result is as much to do with the keeper as the goal scorer). If our keeper is sorted, then the club have one less position to worry about, and more time to dedicate to getting the outfield players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love NSC, after initial excitement that we may be about to sign a keeper, some are now expressing disappointment that it's not a striker.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ulloa's shit, Kusz was shit, Upson was shit, Bridders was shit etc (probably our 4 best players)

The thing is, with all of those there were genuine weak points but these were all overshadowed by them DOING THEIR JOB

Ulloa - One paced, terribly weak, whines a lot but SCORES LOTS OF GOALS
Kuszczak - Abysmal distribution, poor concentration for last few months, seemed to hate Bruno but SAVES GOALS & WON US POINTS
Upson - Slow, a little ponderous but a BORN DEFENDER & LEADER
Bridcutt - Actively refused to shoot after we got promoted, never passed forward, too small but AWESOME FOOTBALLER

Sorry for the CAPS.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I love NSC, after initial excitement that we may be about to sign a keeper, some are now expressing disappointment that it's not a striker.

In fairness, it is a valid statement (if not a valid complaint). Factually speaking, he's not a striker... He's a bl**dy good 'keeper!

PS. Some people just gotta moan, when we sign a striker it'll be that they're sh*t, or old, or ex-Palace, or not Zamora... Can't win!

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
The thing is, with all of those there were genuine weak points but these were all overshadowed by them DOING THEIR JOB

Ulloa - One paced, terribly weak, whines a lot but SCORES LOTS OF GOALS
Kuszczak - Abysmal distribution, poor concentration for last few months, seemed to hate Bruno but SAVES GOALS & WON US POINTS
Upson - Slow, a little ponderous but a BORN DEFENDER & LEADER
Bridcutt - Actively refused to shoot after we got promoted, never passed forward, too small but AWESOME FOOTBALLER

Sorry for the CAPS.

peter ward to small always went down in the box?
:lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club do like to hang these things out for some unknown reason...

I'm speculating but presumably aside from personal/contractual details to complete, there's a photoshoot to arrange and fix, interview him for the club website, tip off media contacts etc
so that when an announcement is done then all this is ready to go (images, quotes, video) and share via the social platforms.
They will also be mindful of Argus deadlines for tomorrows paper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm speculating but presumably aside from personal/contractual details to complete, there's a photoshoot to arrange and fix, interview him the club website, tip off media contacts etc
so that when an announcement is done then all this is ready to go. (images, quotes, video)

Didn't they have an emergency meeting to sort this out yesterday? Not good enough :smile:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

At this stage (2 weeks to go), given the choice between a decent striker, or decent keeper, I'd go for a decent striker, because they're harder to get.

But I this would still be an important signing. Decent keepers win you games as well as stopping you lose them (if you're 1 up, world class saves effectively win you games - or if you're under the kosh and your keeper makes several top saves, and then you go up the other end and win it, the result is as much to do with the keeper as the goal scorer). If our keeper is sorted, then the club have one less position to worry about, and more time to dedicate to getting the outfield players.

I'm of completely the opposite opinion to somerset. We could get by for a few games with CMS / COG/ Fenelon / Lua Lua / Buckley as attacking options. No way I'd want to start the season with Casper in goal. The bloke terrifies me.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I'm hoping for a 5pm announcement.

Or maybe 7pm.

Today.

Or tomorrow.

Stumpy Tim

I'm of completely the opposite opinion to somerset. We could get by for a few games with CMS / COG/ Fenelon / Lua Lua / Buckley as attacking options. No way I'd want to start the season with Casper in goal. The bloke terrifies me.

Agree with that, though Walton looked a lot better. From what I saw on YouTube, both goals on Saturday could/should have been saved

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here