Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The searching at the Amex is a total farce, its really nothing more than a token gesture with the sole purpose of making it look like security is important and giving the right impression. It basically consists of a disinterested steward quickly and lightly wiping his or her hands on your arms and torso occasionally squeezing a pocket and mumbling "mobile phone", "keys" or something similar. If you have a bag they have a quick peek inside without really searching it and squeeze it in random places looking at you quizzically as they try to guess whats inside like its some kind of fecking lucky dip game! You look back at them and mutter, "Kids drinks mate", "Large bag of revels fella" etc and in you trot.

I'm extremely confident that if I possessed such items and was so inclined I could smuggle pretty much anything I wanted into the stadium so it really is no surprise that pyros and rook scarers were so easily brought into the stadium particularly as they were probably brought in by the dozens of ticketless palace that forced their way into the away end. I have to say the scale of those explosions was genuinely concerning and in the current times we live in totally unacceptable. That they continued throughout the match should not have been allowed without at least some sort of intervention, and on this I think the club and stewarding have failed massively and ought to be held to account. I'm not going to blame the police because they don't have responsibility for what happens inside the stadium and will generally only get involved if serious disorder occurs and at the request of the club/stewards. Ultimately though the people to blame are the moronic Palace fans that created the entire scenario and they should be identified, sought out and face charges for public order offences not to mention assault and anything else appropriate.

I think the club failed in its duty of care for all the law abiding and peaceful fans of both clubs tonight, they should admit this and apologise.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Many of Palace's own fans have questioned their own club's relationship with a certain group of their supporters and the way, for example, that they are able to receive blocks of tickets for away games.

This group of fans have, previously, upset their own with their use of pyrotechnics at away games. Even their lapdog Parish was forced to come out and issue some words that they should be a bit more careful and the like.

What happened today is a direct result of Palace's championing of that group of fans over and above the more placid regular and, dare I say it, "normal" supporter. They ****ed their own fans in many ways tonight. I don't doubt the Albion themselves will be looking long and hard at tonight's events and how lessons can be learned. I hope Palace do the same, although I'm not optimistic.

Tweeted by Essex Eagle
What’s the criteria to be an ultra at #cpfc ?? A) put stuff up your nose B) make sure you wear black clothes 24/7 c) know how to use flares?
They embarrass the club time and time again #cpfc

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I suspect they were out for blood.

Always-Ultra-Long-Plus-Wings-Sanitary-Pads-12pck-580903.jpg

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
The searching at the Amex is a total farce, its really nothing more than a token gesture with the sole purpose of making it look like security is important and giving the right impression. It basically consists of a disinterested steward quickly and lightly wiping his or her hands on your arms and torso occasionally squeezing a pocket and mumbling "mobile phone", "keys" or something similar. If you have a bag they have a quick peek inside without really searching it and squeeze it in random places looking at you quizzically as they try to guess whats inside like its some kind of fecking lucky dip game! You look back at them and mutter, "Kids drinks mate", "Large bag of revels fella" etc and in you trot.

I'm extremely confident that if I possessed such items and was so inclined I could smuggle pretty much anything I wanted into the stadium so it really is no surprise that pyros and rook scarers were so easily brought into the stadium particularly as they were probably brought in by the dozens of ticketless palace that forced their way into the away end. I have to say the scale of those explosions was genuinely concerning and in the current times we live in totally unacceptable. That they continued throughout the match should not have been allowed without at least some sort of intervention, and on this I think the club and stewarding have failed massively and ought to be held to account. I'm not going to blame the police because they don't have responsibility for what happens inside the stadium and will generally only get involved if serious disorder occurs and at the request of the club/stewards. Ultimately though the people to blame are the moronic Palace fans that created the entire scenario and they should be identified, sought out and face charges for public order offences not to mention assault and anything else appropriate.

I think the club failed in its duty of care for all the law abiding and peaceful fans of both clubs tonight, they should admit this and apologise.

True that I could have smuggled in a few bird scarers and smoke puffs in , probably my ass-crack, (sorry everyone) but be careful what you wish for! Intimate searching for 30,000 fans each week? No thanks!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
True that I could have smuggled in a few bird scarers and smoke puffs in , probably my ass-crack, (sorry everyone) but be careful what you wish for! Intimate searching for 30,000 fans each week? No thanks!

That's the thing, they need to be smarter in the way they decide who to search and employ some professional tactics by looking at targeted searches. Whats the point of doing 29000 pointless wipe down searches when you could instead do 3-4000 proper more thorough searches by targeting the searches at people who fit a particular profile. It will upset a few people but will prove much more effective in the long run. ** Anorak alert ** In fact on the subject of searching, the 'Stadium Safety Good Practice Guide' provided by the FA to clubs clearly states that "The home club should make arrangements to search spectators entering the stadiumThis may be on a random basis for most home areas of the ground It goes on to suggest that the level of searching for away fans or fans near problem areas should be considered in light of a suitable risk assessment.

My questions are:

Do the stewards actually know what they are searching for and why?
Are any of them sufficiently trained to perform more thorough proper searches?
Why are the club ignoring the FA's guidance on performing only random searches in most home areas?

These are genuine questions, I mean seriously what is the point of searching my 80 year old Dad and 49 year old wife in the family stand? Why not save time and effort and focus those searches on those most likely to fit the profile of someone likely to carry something they shouldn't be?

I understand that mandatory 'searches' such as they are, came about following the attacks in France a year or two ago. I'm not so sure the club have fully reviewed or revised their strategy on personal searches and it certainly seems rather woolly to say the least.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Of the 2 stewards injured one was from palace the other was one of ours. Palace stewards were not the only stewards in their end, the majority were from our club. See the club statement.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014

Couldn’t agree more. I walked straight into the north stand with a backpack on and not a single one of the 6 stewards seem interested in searching it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So with all those police manning the route to the ground from the station, a group of fans were able to get all the way to the away end with none of those police stopping them.
The game had already kicked off so everyone who had a ticket should already be in the Ground.
And in true Barber fashion the club statement means they can hide behind making any further statements as this is a police matter.
POLICE FAILED, STEWARDS FAILED, CLUB FAILED.
And guess what, it's the Home fans who will suffer in games to come again...

There were a thousand or more Brighton fans still outside at KO, courtesy of Southern Rail. It took two hours plus from Shoreham by train. And the train was cancelled West Coastway on the way back. Evening games are becoming a strain because of West Coastway.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Blah blah blah. Every post from you, blames Barber for something. We get it, you don't like him.

Just saying the man is always quick to pass on the blame .last night the club have to take some responsibility alongside the police .
The police must of been alerted that a big group had set off down to Brighton , why couldn’t they have been checked for tickets there ?
Why did the police then allow so many to travel round to Falmer when there must or should of been enough police to check tickets there ?
Why weren’t there precautions in place once those two had failed so they were better prepared at the stadium .?
Why didn’t they do more once inside ?
I don’t hate barber just asking like as he is always quick to blame our own fans for the slightest thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Couldn’t agree more best not blame barber though

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I saw two dogs, spaniels I believe.

I commented I'd never seen sniffer dogs at the Amex before and I was told they were there for pyro purposes.

Probably sniffing round Albion fans rather than the 30 spotty herberts dressed in black, that had been in Brighton since mid afternoon. :wink:
I have seen dogs this season at the Amex, think it was the West Brom game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not forgiven. The shirt is terrible, but she is pretty. It's unworthy of you to post that.
This isn't a gronk board.

Apologies. It was the best pic I could find at short notice in my attempt to lighten the mood....:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
re: dogs at the stadium tonight, you said:-

Unpleasant posting I would say, misogynistic, cruel/nasty. Not good.

C'mon, we can be better than this.

Ouch!

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sounds like I`m the only one who enjoyed the mini firework display last night !! Football wasn`t great,no harm done !!!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just saying the man is always quick to pass on the blame .last night the club have to take some responsibility alongside the police .
The police must of been alerted that a big group had set off down to Brighton , why couldn’t they have been checked for tickets there ?
Why did the police then allow so many to travel round to Falmer when there must or should of been enough police to check tickets there ?
Why weren’t there precautions in place once those two had failed so they were better prepared at the stadium .?
Why didn’t they do more once inside ?
I don’t hate barber just asking like as he is always quick to blame our own fans for the slightest thing

Barber doesn't have jurisdiction in Brighton. The police are the ones who have the power to stop and search.

There's only one group to blame for last night and that's Palace fans. Even their own are blaming them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here