Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Please... someone tell me we aren't 8th

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can you believe after 11 games we are closer to the top than the bottom?

What happened? Why are we there? We are plucky little Brighton that no-one should lose to. What the hell is going on?

I think the song says 'We don't know'.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know it's not going to happen but..............it's November and we're 4 points off a Champions League place, FFS?!! This is ruddy marvellous.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Just think, if only win at 10 man Watford, thw win we should have had against Everton, winning at Bournemouth, if only.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If 'The Big Six' pissed off into some European super league, we'd be 2nd :)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hey, we're NOT 8th, we're NINTH. So say the BBC and they are NEVER wrong. :tosser:

"Victory for the Seagulls lifts them up to ninth place in the Premier League and gives them back-to-back away wins in the top flight for the first time since 1981 and only the second time in their history."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty Simple really, We have taken points from teams that were predicted to be around us come end of season, When we get months like December ahead, things will look very different.

Miserable post of the day.

Every neutral pundit, plus the bookies, has us down for zero points at Watford and West Ham. Both clubs have years of PL experience and expensive/highly paid squads.

Things so far are going beyond all expectations.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I think 5th under Mike Bailey was our highest position ever but I can't rmeember how far into the season that was.
This is my memory too. I think it was for about one day in midweek maybe Feb 82 when we played on a Tuesday night before Forest pushed us down to sixth on the Weds! I'd have to go in the loft to verify???

I think it's time to photocopy the league table again and emboss for posterity

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Miserable post of the day.

Every neutral pundit, plus the bookies, has us down for zero points at Watford and West Ham. Both clubs have years of PL experience and expensive/highly paid squads.

Things so far are going beyond all expectations.

I thought I was just being realistic, At least I didn't post that we managed to find a side in the premier league who are worse then us at giving the ball away!. oops, just did

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Could someone with a twitter account send a picture of the table to Garth Crooks please :tosser:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully our season is going to have less ups and downs than a bariatric lifting aid.
Lets enjoy it, whilst looking down at the Croydon massive :lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just went to the BBC to look at the full table. PL came up and I clicked in the competition box and actually typed cha before the penny dropped. Heady times!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Weren't they the ones predicting we would beat the all time lowest points in a Premier League season ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Weren't they the ones predicting we would beat the all time lowest points in a Premier League season ?

There are some fan sites out there, including our friends Middleborough that were hoping, not defining, that we got the lowest ever points. They've all gone quiet now :smile:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I remember someone saying that the gap between the championship and the premier league was a big one....
The gap between 8th and 20th looks pretty big too :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here