Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Warwickshire v Sussex at Birmingham

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
380-4 off 117.4 overs.

Need 20 off 14 balls for last batting point.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
380-4 off 117.4 overs.

Need 20 off 14 balls for last batting point.

Batting points are for the first 110 overs, we've already missed out on the last TWO.

FFS Wright :nono:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ah OK. Used to be 130 didn't it? Thought it was decreased to 120, not 110.

Apologies.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ah OK. Used to be 130 didn't it? Thought it was decreased to 120, not 110.

Apologies.

Its a pain when they change the rules, it confuses me in me older age.

Some new changes the other day, plus the poor decision to reduce the upcoming nations in future world cups to appease the bigger ones that often get beat by them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/33295761

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Isn't that because we don't have enough fit bowlers?
Amazingly, the batsmen have turned up and even Nash got a century!!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed, I think the problem was the captain didn't bring me back for a second spell.

It was an amusing finish though, we kept trying to convince their number 11 to smash the winning runs and take the glory. He eventually tried to oblige and completely missed the ball which then CLATTERED into his stumps :lolol:

Lovely stuff.

Similar idiocy wrapped up our WIN yesterday.

They were chasing 165, but gave up on that fairly quickly, after I reduced them to 0-2 after 4 balls. I then pulled my hamstring which was (in every sense) a right pain. We finally got them 8 down with 10 overs left, at which point two young kids batted really sensibly for the draw. 9 down with four to see out, and the 16 year old who had been there for ages batted really well blocking everything and farming the strike. Then with THREE balls left [MENTION=21877]Chinman3000[/MENTION] sent down a SHAMBOLIC leg-side wide, and the kiddie inexplicably ran through for a run, leaving the number 11 to face the last two. At which point he came charging down the track, tried to hit the ball over the pavilion, and got stumped. Cheers for that. :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Lovely stuff.

Similar idiocy wrapped up our WIN yesterday.

They were chasing 165, but gave up on that fairly quickly, after I reduced them to 0-2 after 4 balls. I then pulled my hamstring which was (in every sense) a right pain. We finally got them 8 down with 10 overs left, at which point two young kids batted really sensibly for the draw. 9 down with four to see out, and the 16 year old who had been there for ages batted really well blocking everything and farming the strike. Then with THREE balls left @Chinman3000 sent down a SHAMBOLIC leg-side wide, and the kiddie inexplicably ran through for a run, leaving the number 11 to face the last two. At which point he came charging down the track, tried to hit the ball over the pavilion, and got stumped. Cheers for that. :thumbsup:

*Pedant alert* Surely there were still THREE balls left.

That is absolutely TEXTBOOK club cricket though, especially for a Sunday match.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
*Pedant alert* Surely there were still THREE balls left.

That is absolutely TEXTBOOK club cricket though, especially for a Sunday match.

Fair point, and quite right.

BTW, looking at your scorecard, have you considered that the two WIDES you sent down, were the difference between a WIN and a tie..? :nono:

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here