Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Collins

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He would have made for a solid signing last season with Goldson out and us new to the league, but I think we could and can do a lot better this season. Ideally what we need to replace the BFG is a central defender that is left footed and can compliment the strengths of Duffy and Goldson. Given that I think there's a high chance that Stefano Denswil will be amongst the entries near the top of our list, wouldn't be displeased with Andreas Bjelland though either if Dunk stays. His contract is up at Brentford and he's looked competent against higher calibre players when he's played for Denmark.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He would have made for a solid signing last season with Goldson out and us new to the league, but I think we could and can do a lot better this season. Ideally what we need to replace the BFG is a central defender that is left footed and can compliment the strengths of Duffy and Goldson. Given that I think there's a high chance that Stefano Denswil will be amongst the entries near the top of our list, wouldn't be displeased with Andreas Bjelland though either if Dunk stays. His contract is up at Brentford and he's looked competent against higher calibre players when he's played for Denmark.

It’s worth keeping in mind that we need to stick to the home grown player rules too. We could potentially lose Krul & Baldock from that. Collins would count as HG. Denswil and Bjelland would not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could he replace Uwe as the experienced 4th/5th choice CB if needed I suppose a lot would depend on the wages etc but I wouldnt rush to sign him.

Bit of a retrogade step in my opinion, there are younger, just as experienced defenders out there who are hungry to do well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s worth keeping in mind that we need to stick to the home grown player rules too. We could potentially lose Krul & Baldock from that. Collins would count as HG. Denswil and Bjelland would not.

I don't think we will lose Baldock, he still has a couple of years left on his contract has been around for some time and has limited Premier Leage experience, I think he offers something a bit different to what we already have, and something in my water is telling me, that he may just suprise us all and do well at this level. Given the chance that is.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't think we will lose Baldock, he still has a couple of years left on his contract has been around for some time and has limited Premier Leage experience, I think he offers something a bit different to what we already have, and something in my water is telling me, that he may just suprise us all and do well at this level. Given the chance that is.
Your water is polluted. Unfortunately, our recruitment team dropped a bomb by offering Baldock such a long contract, aside from the fact that he has fitness and psycological problems, he lacks the technical abilities to play in the PL

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Your water is polluted. Unfortunately, our recruitment team dropped a bomb by offering Baldock such a long contract, aside from the fact that he has fitness and psycological problems, he lacks the technical abilities to play in the PL

Psychological problems? And what technical abilities does he lack?

Genuine questions, not trying to be argumentative I just didn't know he had any psychological issues and always thought he was a technically decent player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

What psychological problems? Besides how do we know that he lacks the necessary technical ability to play in the Premier League, unless he is given the chance!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Psychological problems? And what technical abilities does he lack?

Genuine questions, not trying to be argumentative I just didn't know he had any psychological issues and always thought he was a technically decent player.
What psychological problems? Besides how do we know that he lacks the necessary technical ability to play in the Premier League, unless he is given the chance!
I thought it was common knowledge (could be wrong) that he wasn't being considered for the first team, because he was signed off with stress/depression, and his physical condition was fine.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought it was common knowledge (could be wrong) that he wasn't being considered for the first team, because he was signed off with stress/depression, and his physical condition was fine.

He was on the bench for a few games towards the end of the season, so obviously Hughton has faith in him. Just very difficult trying to break in to the team after a long term injury, especially when not used to Premier League football, and with other players performing well.

I still think he has something to offer, time will tell.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It’s an unsubstantiated rumour that only exists on this forum.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It’s an unsubstantiated rumour that only exists on this forum.
factoid

ˈfaktɔɪd/

noun

an item of unreliable information that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Did he get this psychological problem from sitting on the bench? or is he sitting on the bench because of the psychological problem..........or is it just c r a p

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here