Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you believe the Earth is flat?

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

• Yes, I firmly believe the Earth is flat

Votes: 30 11.1%
  • I'm unsure, but the Earth could be flat

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • I believe The Earth is absolutely NOT flat

Votes: 229 84.5%

• Total voters

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If the earth really was flat, surely Wilfrid Zaha would be able to stay on his feet without falling over?

Thread finished, I believe.

I respect your angle but all Zaha has really proven so far is the gravity theory. I was always a bit unsure about gravity until Zaha turned up. Time and time again, he proves gravity is a real thing. Genius is an understatement

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think some people may have bunked off school during the inertia and conservation of momentum physics lessons. Actually they may have bunked off all the physics lessons....

My school only did basic Physics, Chemistry and Biology lessons. Count yourself lucky you went to a Public school.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Inert.....

Hang on, are you fishing!?

Talking of fishing
The centre of a flat earth is a giant magnet, this is why when you are out fishing on a boat a compass always points north, if the earth was a sphere the compass would sometimes point in the other direction toward the giant magnet

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Talking of fishing
The centre of a flat earth is a giant magnet, this is why when you are out fishing on a boat a compass always points north, if the earth was a sphere the compass would sometimes point in the other direction toward the giant magnet

That's very interesting and is sort of related to the Amex theory.

There's a theory going about that the Amex has be positioned exactly on the centre point of the Earth so that all Compasses will direct any traveller, fisherman or cruise merchant straight to the stadium. This explains the mysterious sharp increase in match attendances (if true)

Either way Barber needs some credit for this.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That's very interesting and is sort of related to the Amex theory.

There's a theory going about that the Amex has be positioned exactly on the centre point of the Earth so that all Compasses will direct any traveller, fisherman or cruise merchant straight to the stadium. This explains the mysterious sharp increase in match attendances (if true)

Either way Barber needs some credit for this.

Is that true?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why has this Flat earth society obsession kicked off recently all over the web? Anyone would think it's some brand new, random idea. On NSC it's not anywhere near as extreme as what you see on the media in relation to the flat earth theory and the noise it's currently making. I've even seen someone on 'This morning' a flat-earther being invited onto the show to talk about his ideas!? I've heard Russell Brand (of all people) mocking a flat earther on the radio for his 'mad' views. It's as if they've suddenly become the majority too?

One thing I don't understand is why NASA or whoever is so offended/shocked by the flat earth theory becoming a worldwide sensation, don't just get one of the head Flat earth members to jump in a shuttle and be proven that earth is a globe so he/she can come back down and help the flat-earther's with facts rather than superstition? Now we have the technology, this could all be proven without having to have a debate with them. Obviously it would cost loads, but considering even Freddy Flintoff believes in the earth being flat, surely they could all chip in for a flat-earther to be sent into space to prove or disprove this whole debate?

I'd be up for doing bucket collections in aid of this. Anyone else interested PM me.

The only logical explanation is that the flat earthers are right.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Is that true?

I'm surprised you've never heard that one before?

There's actually a lot of mystery surrounding the Amex. Geologists, Scientists and Anthropologist visit the stadium on a daily basis.
Each corner of the ground are aligned with North, East, South, West perfectly. The Leather seats are scientifically unexplainable. It looks like they were brought over from another Planet. It's been recently discovered that the big screens might have actually been a standard size TV for the size of person back in 2011 which suggests we're actually shrinking through evolution.

The big question though- How did they even have the technology required to build the Amex back in 2011?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm surprised you've never heard that one before?

There's actually a lot of mystery surrounding the Amex. Geologists, Scientists and Anthropologist visit the stadium on a daily basis.
Each corner of the ground are aligned with North, East, South, West perfectly. The Leather seats are scientifically unexplainable. It looks like they were brought over from another Planet. It's been recently discovered that the big screens might have actually been a standard size TV for the size of person back in 2011 which suggests we're actually shrinking through evolution.

The big question though- How did they even have the technology required to build the Amex back in 2011?

Good Lord!
Jack Straw is not as smart as he thinks he is, running around with his camera and telling us about the construction on a weekly basis and yet most of it went straight over his head.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The only logical explanation is that the flat earthers are right.

Considering Freddy Flintoff is one of them. You'd have thought NASA might see the opportunity in a bit of good publicity and massive sponsorship money in 'Whacking Flintoff for 6'. Even if the flat-earthers didn't believe Flintoff was flown out to space, I'm sure it would still make great TV with potential of more shows. So it's a win win situation.

So why are NASA not trying to prove and end this worldwide, very important debate when the offer is sweetly on the plate?

Because they're hiding the truth.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Totally baffled by this.

At any one time, in a 24 hour period on Earth (Flat or round), there are 10,000 planes in the air, carrying around 1.2 million people per day. That equates to 70,000 planes a week and 8.4 million passengers, discount those small short, internal flights in Europe and the States etc, lets say 25% are long haul, with flights flying from Oz to the UK as the longest measurement.

So for this example, 25% of flights a week are long haul, about 2.1 million people are flying around the planet is in just one week.

How have none of these people ever seen the Ice Wall, or Edge of the earth?

One question I have for Flat Earthers relates to the total width of the Flat Earth.

What is it, what is the width in any direction?

Is it bigger than the Round Earthers 28,000 mile circumference?

Where is it..?

From where ever you say it is, we should be able to draw a straight line from that point to the edge of the distance you supply, Even from the edge of the most distant/close landfall, humans should be able to travel to the edge of the flat earth with ease. Individual private enterprises are able to launch into your fake space on their schedule, yet no one has ever made the commitment to travel to the edge of the earth?

There are 70 countries with a live and viable space policy, yet not one has a question about the shape of the planet, but they happily spend millions of dollars on their projects, all with independent, smart, educated scientists not questioning the shape of the planet.

FFS even China, North Korea, Russia and The Effed up U.S agree on the shape of the planet.

Yep, you got me. A few fellas behind a keyboard are smarter, more educated and able to solve unfathomable multiple questions purely from the internet, than any of those listed above.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Considering Freddy Flintoff is one of them. You'd have thought NASA might see the opportunity in a bit of good publicity and massive sponsorship money in 'Whacking Flintoff for 6'. Even if the flat-earthers didn't believe Flintoff was flown out to space, I'm sure it would still make great TV with potential of more shows. So it's a win win situation.

So why are NASA not trying to prove and end this worldwide, very important debate when the offer is sweetly on the plate?

Because they're hiding the truth.

I can see the headlines now amongst the flat earth community "outed NASA go to amazing lengths to keep the sphere earth lie alive, staging fake space flight involving NASA stooge Freddy Flintoff"

Bottom line is no amount of evidence will make these people change their views so why would NASA spend money on sending one of them in to space? As I said before all the flat earther's need to do is chip together and spend the £15,000 on a Mig to the edge of space flight, they really don't need the assistance of NASA to prove it once and for all.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I can see the headlines now amongst the flat earth community "outed NASA go to amazing lengths to keep the sphere earth lie alive, staging fake space flight involving NASA stooge Freddy Flintoff"

Bottom line is no amount of evidence will make these people change their views so why would NASA spend money on sending one of them in to space? As I said before all the flat earther's need to do is chip together and spend the £15,000 on a Mig to the edge of space flight, they really don't need the assistance of NASA to prove it once and for all.
But that wouldn't prove it. A Mig is a military plane so the glass would be specially curved to make it look like the earth is round. And the curvature could easily be explained as 'perspective' like the expert on This Morning made clear.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
But that wouldn't prove it. A Mig is a military plane so the glass would be specially curved to make it look like the earth is round. And the curvature could easily be explained as 'perspective' like the expert on This Morning made clear.

Yes no amount of evidence will make them believe that its a sphere, pictures are CGI, space flights faked, all the scientists, astrophysics students who have tested it are in on the conspiracy but every flat earth video they watch on youtube is telling them the truth!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The world is defiantly round and spinning.
That is why Glenn missed that penalty.
In the time he started his run up to when he struck the ball, the ball, goal and goalkeeper had moved 3 inches to the left.
See also Leo Ulloa.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From where ever you say it is, we should be able to draw a straight line from that point to the edge of the distance you supply, Even from the edge of the most distant/close landfall, humans should be able to travel to the edge of the flat earth with ease. Individual private enterprises are able to launch into your fake space on their schedule, yet no one has ever made the commitment to travel to the edge of the earth?

Have you never watched the documentary "The Truman Show"

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
If you take off vertically in a helicopter say in Shoreham, hover for a few minutes then descend back down, the speed at which the Earth is spinning would mean you would land somewhere else like Paris for example. But you dont, you still land in Shoreham, which means the Earth is flat and not spinning.

Never mind the helicopter, just jump in the air. If the earth was spinning, you'd land further forward than where you took off from wouldn't you? Because the earth would have spun a bit whilst you were in the air. Stands to reason doesn't it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here