Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not sure why the majority of Burnley fans booed, but for those that did so on the basis that Bong lied are absolutely pathetic. Even Rodriquez stated he believed Bong misheard. Yet on Twitter, there's people accusing him of 'playing the race card', 'maliciously trying to ruin a professional's career' and saying he should be banned for 'false accusations'. It's a torrent of abuse, for daring to report that he believed he was racially abused.

Absolutely pathetic.

"Shameful" one might even say.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Have you seen and heard the abuse GB has had from your fans? One woman wanted Bong to have the same punishment for daring to make a complaint in the first place.

Why shouldn't GB stand up for himself, especially when the FA specifically said The FA wishes to stress that there has been no suggestion by any party involved in this case that this was a malicious or fabricated complaint. The FA is completely satisfied that this was a complaint made in absolute good faith.

Please explain why Burnley fans (not West Brom) see fit to boo a player who reported something he heard? Is that not making yourselves judge and jury?

There's an equal number of Brighton fans saying that JR is guilty without any evidence to support it. Morons on both sides.

JR is a local lad, came through the youth system at Burnley, went on to be capped for England which is something that the club's fans are quite proud of. He's also seriously linked with a return to Burnley in Summer and if local rumours ("My mate knows his dad and he's said...") are to be believed it's a done deal.

As I said I didn't boo him for reporting it, for me it was because he went on TV and then continued to brand JR a racist after the tribunal cleared* him of the charge. Had he made his report and pursued it through the proper channels without branding JR racist on TV and social media and followed the tribunal with a statement along the lines of "disappointed with, but accept, the outcome of the tribunal and won't be making any further comment" then you wouldn't have heard a peep from me and I'm sure there would have been less** booing at Turf Moor. I'd imagine JR's statement to the press would have been less partisan too but the continued tarring probably forced his team's hand.

*you can argue this all you want but unless there's some kind of unreported, suspended sanction he's been cleared of the charge
** there would still have been some

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He was booed because he accused a former Burnley player of racism and the Burnley fans do not believe it is true. The more serious the alleged offence, the stronger the reaction.

I doubt it's representative, but if Twitter's anything to go by, he was booed by many who believed there was malicious intent on Bong's part.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He was booed because he accused a former Burnley player of racism and the Burnley fans do not believe it is true. The more serious the alleged offence, the stronger the reaction.

You are purposely avoiding the point made by pretty much every Albion fan so you can continue getting the same reactions and keep this same idiotic argument going. You know what your fans did was wrong and you know JR covering up his mouth whilst saying something to Bong is very suspect, but yet you'd like to continue this debate by trying to draw confusion and a childlike perspective into it. The psychological term for this is called Gaslighting.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
How's this for a summary all?....

Some Burnley fans booed because they are racists and it was a prime opportunity to get away with it
Some Burnley fans booed because they love JR and felt hurt on his behalf
Some Burnley fans booed but had no idea why really, they just joined in, a bit like the Brighton fans who booed Rooney earlier in the season

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You are purposely avoiding the point made by pretty much every Albion fan so you can continue getting the same reactions and keep this same idiotic argument going. You know what your fans did was wrong but yet you'd like to continue this debate by trying to draw confusion into it. The psychological term for this is called Gaslighting.
Izqierdo and Bong were not booed for the colour of their skin. Bong was booed because he made repeated allegations about Rodriguez which Burnley fans do not think are true; Izqierdo was not booed at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you're saying that statement insists he made racist comments to Bong? As was my point. Thanks.

No.

Further to The FA’s charge against Jay Rodriguez, for alleged discriminatory misconduct, and the Independent Regulatory Commission’s subsequent verdict of not proven, Brighton & Hove Albion have issued the following statement on behalf of Gaetan Bong.

"Mr Rodriguez’s actions during our game against West Bromwich Albion, followed by statements issued by him and on his behalf by his various PR and legal advisors, have resulted in my character being questioned and subsequently for a number of accusations to be directed at me.

"Please let me be clear: I know what I heard and I did not mishear. My conscience in raising the complaint is therefore entirely clear.

"This was my first such experience in more than three years in this country and I would never seek to bring a false charge against a fellow professional.

"Those who have accused me of doing that do not know me. Equally those who have expressed an opinion were not there on the pitch at the time and only Mr Rodriguez and I know exactly what was said and I stand by my original complaint.

"I now wish to continue with my career, and won't be commenting further on this matter even if Mr Rodriguez chooses to issue any further statements."

Brighton & Hove Albion fully support Gaetan in the issuing of this statement. The club will not be making any further comment on this matter.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You are purposely avoiding the point made by pretty much every Albion fan so you can continue getting the same reactions and keeping the same idiotic argument. You know what your fans did was wrong but yet you'd like to continue this debate by trying to draw confusion into it. The psychological term for this is called Gaslighting.

They are tying themselves in knots to attempt to justify their poor behaviour. I can't for the life of me work out why they are bothering to come on here to do it though. I would have thought it would be far easier just to hold their hands up to knobby behaviour and move on.

The fact is, the only person who really knows what was said that day didn't have the balls to come out and say it without hiding behind his hand. No wonder he and his supporters are quick to blur the lines with nonsense about him being cleared instead of the case stalling through lack of evidence. None so blind as those who won't see and all that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You are purposely avoiding the point made by pretty much every Albion fan so you can continue getting the same reactions and keep this same idiotic argument going. You know what your fans did was wrong and you know JR covering up his mouth whilst saying something to Bong is very suspect, but yet you'd like to continue this debate by trying to draw confusion and a childlike perspective into it. The psychological term for this is called Gaslighting.

Normal term for it is sh1t stirring....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Or that it was a misunderstanding, as was the case made by JR from the start.

Yeah because saying someone is black and they stink whilst making a hand waving gesture in front of your nose but, at least, having the decency to shield his mouth so the cameras can't have you is behaving like a gentleman.

Even if someone does stink only a shit would say it just because he'd been blocked. Or, a five year old with no breeding I suppose.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Izqierdo and Bong were not booed for the colour of their skin. Bong was booed because he made repeated allegations about Rodriguez which Burnley fans do not think are true; Izqierdo was not booed at all.

More Gaslighting. Stop trying to make out as if we're accusing your fans of randomly booing Bong because of the colour of his skin and nothing in relation to claiming he was racially abused by 'one of your own'.

You are looking for any chance to make out as if your fans are being wrongly accused.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Again, lets ignore context!

"Mr Rodriguez's actions during our game..."

"I know what I heard and I did not mishear"

"This was my first such experience in more than three years in this country..."

Or is he talking about something else entirely?

What colour is the sky on your world?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Or that it was a misunderstanding, as was the case made by JR from the start.

If it was a misunderstanding why all the booing? It doesn't make sense......

OH right sorry..... its because he answered a question about it on French television?

Nah, still doesn't make sense.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Yeah. BOOOOOOOO these people who believe they've been racially abused.

As I and the Kick it Out campaign always say, keep it to yourself. You just make the poor white people feel awkward when you drag it up.

Words fail me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yeah because saying someone is black and they stink whilst making a hand waving gesture in front of your nose but, at least, having the decency to shield his mouth so the cameras can't have you is behaving like a gentleman.

Even if someone does stink only a shit would say it just because he'd been blocked. Or, a five year old with no breeding I suppose.

Hey, Leave him alone. He's England's Jay Rodriguez

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to you

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here