Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well that was last week and Argus confirms interest etc... Need to push negotiations on in order to get them as both are keen ( supposedly to join)

There's absolutely no way if Werder were willing to sell that a potential deal for Delaney would not get hijacked. Hope i'm wrong but we've probably already moved on from him.

We can only hope we have some secret deals near completion that have not yet attracted media attention through clubs/agents.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Truth after three pints. I'm not so keen on loan players.

By the time they have steamed up they on to pastures new. Then the hangover.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I wonder if we are now moving on to 2nd/3rd/4th/5th choices.

I guess Ryan and Gross were first choice in their positions but now we're struggling? Especially on strikers I suggest...

Hi Icy. Barber says this about our "moving on to 2nd/3rd/4th/5th choices"
"we don’t just have a single player on our list. We have a cluster of players of the same quality and that is how we work.This whole transfer window, as always, is very much a waiting game. People have to be patient.”

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Easier said than done. It's been a struggle to eat and sleep of recent.

I just wish we'd sign someone. Anyone would do, this is getting ridiculous!

There's 39 days until our first match and 60 days before the window shuts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alan Nixon reckons that today is the day when it is decided whether Walton goes on loan to Wigan or to Portsmouth.

Which means he'll have signed a contract extension ? ??? And that Maenpaa has singed ? ???

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There's 39 days until our first match and 60 days before the window shuts.
Yes, but how many days before our first friendly? Fail to prepare, prepare to fall.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hi Icy. Barber says this about our "moving on to 2nd/3rd/4th/5th choices"
"we don’t just have a single player on our list. We have a cluster of players of the same quality and that is how we work.This whole transfer window, as always, is very much a waiting game. People have to be patient.”

Agreed, patience is key, but we NEED to talk about it surely! Some will be mega optimistic, some a little pessimistic ( maybe that's me...) and by the time the window closes it will have all been a lot of hot air and we can turn our attention to whether we are going to stay up :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, but how many days before our first friendly? Fail to prepare, prepare to fall.

I'm surprised someone isn't arguing that our season is doomed already because all the signings weren't in place for yesterdays start of pre-season training.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Our season is completely ****ed because we are woefully short and pre-season training has already started FFS!!! Barber out!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed, patience is key, but we NEED to talk about it surely! Some will be mega optimistic, some a little pessimistic ( maybe that's me...) and by the time the window closes it will have all been a lot of hot air and we can turn our attention to whether we are going to stay up :wink:

Yep. But you're never going to get much out of the club as you know. They've been surprisingly open this summer though admitting / confirming interest publicly in both Gomez and Abraham. They didn't publicly mention interest in any player last summer bar Pritchard when the deal went south (or rather east).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here