Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World travel question

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Walk the Inca trail to Machu Pichu, very rewarding, and spectacular too. If you are in South America, then the Galapagos Islands are superb too. Venezuela was superb too, and you will quickly realise there why they have a record number of Miss World's from that country.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Byron Bay, NSW. Most easterly point on the Australian Mainland. More surfing beaches than you can shake a stick at. Pods of dolphins ten metres from the shore, the odd offshore shark. Time it right and you got whale migrations also. Fantastic alternative Brightonesque hippy capitalist community. Fly into Sydney (one hour cheapo internal flight to Byron) with a stopover in Singapore on the way out and another stopover in Bangkok on the way back. As a first time Big One, it'll change your worldview forever. If you're a bit nervous about the flight/accomodation/transfer stuff, Trailfinders ihghly knowledgeable staff in Brighton will sort you out with vouchers for every damn thing at a very reasonable price.

Totally overrated unless you happen to be either a hippy, a backpacker or a retired advertising exec who's made a squilion and is now attempting to relive his misspent youth - Avoid !!!
Head to Manly in Sydney instead - leaves Byron for dead.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
South America - Machu Pichu, Iguazu water falls, Rio, Nazca lines, terra del feugo, Santiargo, cusco, mendoza

New Zealand - as much as you can see

Japan - mental & majestic

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much what [MENTION=10163]wardy wonder land[/MENTION] says

Foz do Iguacu on Brazil/Argentina border (ideal stop off between say Rio and Buenos Aries if you are passing through from one to the other). Sensational waterfalls, need to be seen from both sides - will never forget the midnight walk I went on.
Tokyo - bonkers, day and (very late) night
Colombia - stunningly beautiful country, now much safer to visit. Bogota nightlife is mad.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Totally overrated unless you happen to be either a hippy, a backpacker or a retired advertising exec who's made a squilion and is now attempting to relive his misspent youth - Avoid !!!
Head to Manly in Sydney instead - leaves Byron for dead.

I have to agree with this, Byron Bay was one of my least favourite stops on the east coast of Australia. Much better places are: Fraser Island, The Whitsundays, The Sunshine Coast, Sydney and surrounding areas (Bondi is overrated too though), even The Gold Coast is better than Byron IMHO.

...or skip all that and go to New Zealand :thumbsup:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
New Zealand is an extraordinary world in itself. There's no words than can describe the place, particularly parts of the south island. You just have to see it to believe it really.

If you do drop down to NZ, try and also get to Aitutaki, Cook Islands if you can.

Also, if budgets allow, try and fit in a safari in Africa. Kruger National Park, whilst perhaps now a little commercial from since I went, does brilliant packages.

Good luck! I envy you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Iraq. The ruins of the ancient city of Nimrud are spectacular.

Oh

seriously, all countries have something to offer.. I envy your time to do it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you. I was going to settle straight down and start my stunt training business this summer. However over the past 2 years I lost my Mum, my Dad, my Brother all before their time and have found out this weekend that my Stepfather has cancer. The business can wait a year, I'm going to see the world.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Would recommend Vietnam and Sri Lanka.

Both have-

Plenty of history/sites to take in.
Great food.
Cheap drinks/eats.
Brilliant beaches.
Climate generally good, Although both get rainy seasons.
Safe and friendly.
Spectacular scenery.
Half decent rail network to get about.

If you want any more info on either PM me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Thank you. I was going to settle straight down and start my stunt training business this summer. However over the past 2 years I lost my Mum, my Dad, my Brother all before their time and have found out this weekend that my Stepfather has cancer. The business can wait a year, I'm going to see the world.

Good on you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here