Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Stephens start on Saturday?

Should Dale Stephens start against Brentford on Saturday?

• Of course, Hughton said he's been good as gold & he's one of our best players

Votes: 220 89.1%
  • No chance, he might still be in a sulk & Hughton won't want to risk him getting stick from fans

Votes: 27 10.9%

• Total voters

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Definitely. Looking forward to his contribution.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A big No from me, the moment he put in a transfer request he should have been sold, he showed his real colours at that point. Bridcutt MK11.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A big Yes from me. Like de Gea, his dream move collapsed ( the dream being the Premier League not the grim northern destinations of Hull & Burnley). Like de Gea, he needs to sign a new contract pronto. He has a great attitude and will be fine once he has got over the disappointment, we'd not have kept him otherwise. A certain starter on Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A big No from me, the moment he put in a transfer request he should have been sold, he showed his real colours at that point. Bridcutt MK11.

Many players have continued playing after handing in transfer requests. Danny Cullip springs to mind.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Many players have continued playing after handing in transfer requests. Danny Cullip springs to mind.

They have your correct, but as with Bridcutt they show no appreciation of what the club has done for their careers, both were average players going nowhere before coming here. I even think, Stephens didn't set the world on fire when he came here and didn't really start performing until partnered with Kayal. I think this partnership makes Stephens look better than he is, That is just my view.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Not for me should be slowy integrated back in bench at most upset quite a few fans including myself who think his attitude has been poor and that piss poor letter only cemeted that

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Harsh on the players that want to play for us if he does. I think he has to earn his place back.

How does he "earn" it back? All he can do is put in good shifts in training. Of course if the team are performing at their best then getting in is going to be difficult. But Sidwell has been below par so I hope CH makes a choice between Norwood and Stephens. If his attitude has been right then I'd favour Stephens

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They have your correct, but as with Bridcutt they show no appreciation of what the club has done for their careers, both were average players going nowhere before coming here. I even think, Stephens didn't set the world on fire when he came here and didn't really start performing until partnered with Kayal. I think this partnership makes Stephens look better than he is, That is just my view.

It's hard to judge as Stephens was injured, then Hyppia wax manager, before Hughton took over. Kayal appeared with weeks, so was it Kayal or Hughton who brought out the best in him? He wax Charlton's player of the season for two years in a row, & I heard Calde's opinion of him, first hand.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's hard to judge as Stephens was injured, then Hyppia wax manager, before Hughton took over. Kayal appeared with weeks, so was it Kayal or Hughton who brought out the best in him? He wax Charlton's player of the season for two years in a row, & I heard Calde's opinion of him, first hand.

How many stand out performances did he put in for Garcia? I can't remember any.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Kayal wont be in the 11, he is playing for Israel tonight so I cant for one moment see him and Hemed in the team for sat. So Stephens should start.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club didn't fight tooth and nail to keep one of our most influential players just to have him warming the bench. If he's fit, he starts.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Kayal wont be in the 11, he is playing for Israel tonight so I cant for one moment see him and Hemed in the team for sat. So Stephens should start.

The Israel game was on Monday.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
CH to TB: You know I said I wanted to keep Stephens so badly that I couldn't think of a better use of £8m than to reject all offers, despite him handing in a transfer request? Well, I know it's only a week later, but I've changed my mind; I'm not going to play him. That's ok, right?

He'll play.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

FFS, he was injured not long after joining us and only came back for the last few games of the season before Kayal signed.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If we keep him on the bench now, we might as well never play him again.

If we want to try and remedy the situation, we can't keep grounding him. If he wants to play, play him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here