Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 points and no thread on ref

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Really poor. Constantly disrupting what could have been an even better end to end game.

Agree with this. He was one of those ref's that seemed to think it was all about him. Pointless lectures to players which only disrupted play. Worst at the Amex this season IMO

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Agree with this. He was one of those ref's that seemed to think it was all about him. Pointless lectures to players which only disrupted play. Worst at the Amex this season IMO

Worse than the **** against Bournemouth?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Love the fact that we celebrated the free kick at the end of the first half like a goal to the point where people came running back in from their half time beverages thinking we'd scored

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Poor. Inconsistent in the way he lectured players after playing advantage. Another one who struggled to keep up with play and missed the central defender/opposing striker situations from clearances and goal kicks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was only really the fouling on Lingard that he let go too much that was a problem. Given the number of free kicks he was giving he did well to keep his cards in his pocket.

I think a lot of fans just expected him to be bad. The number of times the people around me groaned when the whistle went and were just about to start ranting at what an awful decision it was to give a free kick against us for a challenge like that, before it sunk in that it was actually a free kick for us because QPR were offside, or that it was a throw in.

Lingard aside, I thought he was average for a championship ref.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
After his first few decisions, I thought it was going to be Saturday all over again!
But, as has been stated in this thread, we've won twice at home against 2 good teams when he's been in charge. :albion2:
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game he bloody well hugged Joey Barton! ??? WTF was that all about??!!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
He seemed ridiculously biased throughout the first half. Nothing our way until right at the end, but with every tap, nudge and funny look he gave them a free kick.

I hope that he is chastised by the FA for that shocking half.

Sat on the other hand... he was just universally incompetent! No bias - just sh*t.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We won yes !
But not getting away from it he was a total tw*t the ref shocking, almost as bad as the idiot against Reading.
Just because you win doesn't mean the ref was great he was appalling last night.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He did make a curious decision in the second half, one of our players (think it was Ince) was fouled but he played advantage which is fair enough, but then when we still had the ball in an attacking position a few seconds later he blew up for the free kick. :shrug:

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
He did make some strange decisions and yes I wondered how much Harry had paid him. There was this distinct feeling during the first half that had a QPR player gone down in the penalty area for no apparent reason he would have awarded a penalty. That said I thought the treatment meeted out to Leo and Lingard was shocking, at one point Dunne ran straight through Lingard and the ref did nothing. Hence the ironic cheers when he finally gave us a decision towards the end of the first half. As for the Barton hug, he is probably the only ref never to book him.
That said I thought both sides played some excellent football last night, fortunately we have a great goalkeeper an they didn't :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really poor. Constantly disrupting what could have been an even better end to end game. Lino in front of the East was cut from the same cloth as well.

I thought it was a good end-to-end game. I also thought that the ref could have disrupted the game more constantly by giving us the odd free kick for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here