Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
https://t.co/QwEirQyggF

30mins ago their chairman rubbished it and said other premier league clubs were closer to the valuation and we hadn’t been back in touch since our last bid ?

Both could be true. The Sun , maybe, have got wind , as have other reports, that we will bid £5m + £2m worth of add ons when McNair back from NI duty (their story) , and Donald is right to say that’s about the price/bid I’m after but I haven’t heard anything yet. And others are interested. (His tweet as reported by Sunderland Echo).

Anyway it’s all bluster, he’s clearly for sale for the right ££ whether from Albion or elsewhere.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Both could be true. The Sun , maybe, have got wind , as have other reports, that we will bid £5m + £2m worth of add ons when McNair back from NI duty (their story) , and Donald is right to say that’s about the price/bid I’m after but I haven’t heard anything yet. And others are interested. (His tweet as reported by Sunderland Echo).

Anyway it’s all bluster, he’s clearly for sale for the right ££ whether from Albion or elsewhere.

nailed it in one....all smoke and mirrors as ever at this point. He knows full well Brighton are interested and is waiting on increased bid......until that happens it all remains speculation.....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
A breakthrough tweet!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not far off with a £7m offer accepted. Not sure who you are blessing but maybe it worked driving the price up?

Is McNair actually any good?

And without wishing to sound too harsh (but with no delicate way of putting it) are any of your players worth having? From the outside looking in your club for the last few years has seemed rotten to the core with the players being a huge part of that. I'd be reluctant to sign any player that has been part of such a poisonous seeming dressing room, particularly one that has had back to back relegations. Is that fair? Have any players come out of the last few years with reputations enhanced or just plain old intact?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

And without wishing to sound too harsh (but with no delicate way of putting it) are any of your players worth having? From the outside looking in your club for the last few years has seemed rotten to the core with the players being a huge part of that. I'd be reluctant to sign any player that has been part of such a poisonous seeming dressing room, particularly one that has had back to back relegations. Is that fair? Have any players come out of the last few years with reputations enhanced or just plain old intact?

To be honest its almost impossible to say, there were so many things going wrong I wouldn't be surprised to find a few gems. Some of the players were highly rated before they joined - no matter how bad we were they could not have lost what they had

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not far off with a £7m offer accepted. Not sure who you are blessing but maybe it worked driving the price up?

The post I was quoting was referencing Sunderland fans valuations of up to £15m which are clearly pie in the sky. Is there any hard evidence we've had a bid accepted? The Sun story saying we were about to sign him has been rejected by your chairman. Even if it is true, that story quoted £5m up front with £2m in add ons.

Bless you.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Don't tar them all with the same bruch, the club may be in a total mess, but that doesn't mean that all the players are too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
See my message above, there will be some gems I am sure, and given the current market some absolute steals to be had

he will be on good money already, sunderland signed him in the prem

he wants to get back to the Premier League badly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest its almost impossible to say, there were so many things going wrong I wouldn't be surprised to find a few gems. Some of the players were highly rated before they joined - no matter how bad we were they could not have lost what they had

Not trying to be arsey here but have you actually seen him play? I think you are a South Coast Sunderland fan so possibly not?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not trying to be arsey here but have you actually seen him play? I think you are a South Coast Sunderland fan so possibly not?

I think he’s making a good point. Our recruitment team couldn’t have seen him play that much as he hasn’t actually played that much. Add in the fact that Sunderland have been a basket case and you probably can’t fairly assess individual players performances there recently, it has to be a bit of a punt, if an educated one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here