Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Jul 7, 2003
You have lost touch with market valuations... I believe Rangers think they can get him for around £2M... that is taking the p1ss (far too low), as most on here correctly recognise...

So you would pay £8m for someone with that profile? Thankfully you did not get that job in our recruitment team.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We should loan him and if he does do well we would get 4x the poultry £2 million. This would be good for him and the Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
From a Shrews supporting chum he informs me Goldsons fee was 800k plus 300k first team appearance certain number of matches add on , he failed to hit this target due to his heart problem so this add on apparently has not yet been released to Shrewsbury , we probably re negotiated a deal with the Shrews after Connor was diagnosed with the heart problem . Not a player i would let go , if it wasn't for the Dunk and Duffy duo he would of played a hell of a lot more in the premiere league , madness to now sell him but i agree on a loan deal somewhere now we have signed Baloo , Rangers is a bad move for him imo he needs to be playing against tougher opposition than who they come up against , recall loan yes , sale Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I agree. I can see Duffy moving on or out sooner rather than later, and Goldson getting a lot more playing time with us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I agree. I can see Duffy moving on or out sooner rather than later, and Goldson getting a lot more playing time with us.

Duffy easy good enough for a team of our stature. Had his moments this season and clearly a loose cannon off the pitch, but compare his performance to that of the Arsenal CB's. If Lewis goes (and I think he will) then he's our number one.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think Duffy over all has had a good season, although playing alongside the Rolls Royce that is Dunk would make anybody look better. Duffy has made a phenomenal amount of headed clearances, but those clearances can go anywhere. Dunk very often finds another player with his headers or takes the ball down and plays the ball out. I think Goldson with Dunk would be great, but if it was Duffy and Goldson, at this level, I would be concerned. DON'T SELL DUNK, PLEEEEAAAAASSSE!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No chance. Duffy was bought to replace Goldson as first choice - and he has not been dropped when available for 2 seasons - because CH believed that we were getting outmuscled on crosses and set pieces.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's worth noting that Rangers' attempt to buy Martin Skrtel has collapsed as their bid is a long way short of Fenerbahce's £5m valuation - the words 'long way' implies to me that they're not offering half. I think that £8m for Goldson is way too high an estimate - my guess is around £3 to 4m. But if Rangers can't even afford that, I can't see him going in a hurry.

Scottish blogger John James (who is normally very well informed about things Ibrox related) suggests that Gerrard is about to walk,having been sold a pup that's "shitting all over the Blue Room and pissing in The Loving Cup." Things aren't looking good up there in Monkey Tennis Land.

I don't believe that even for a moment. Rangers are not a powerhouse and probably have spending power of a Nottm Forest (struggle to afford any player). The might even be out of Europe before the transfer window closes. Not a basket case as Naylor implies. Players get their wages paid on time. Better to sell or loan (with new contract signed) to a Scottish club than relegation rivals. For match day experience, the Championship seems a better bet than Scottish football, unless you are a winger.

Dunk and Duffy are excellent from open play, but very poor at defending set pieces.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So you would pay £8m for someone with that profile? Thankfully you did not get that job in our recruitment team.

I never said £8m. Learn to read then criticise if justified. BTW our fabled leaders have just told Rangers to do one again no doubt at a price idiots like you would have accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’d love to know where the people that estimate his worth to be in the £3-4m mark think we’ll get a youngish, home grown CB with lots of potential to replace him at a similar price who would be willing to be a back up. I just don’t see it happening.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d love to know where the people that estimate his worth to be in the £3-4m mark think we’ll get a youngish, home grown CB with lots of potential to replace him at a similar price who would be willing to be a back up. I just don’t see it happening.

Goldson also has a sound character. A leader of men and very well respected too. He is certainly captain material should he get into the team.

Jul 7, 2003
I never said £8m. BTW our fabled leaders have just told Rangers to do one again no doubt at a price idiots like you would have accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said I agreed with £2m or lower. Learn to read then criticise if justified. I look forward to seeing you in the reading class. :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here