Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
minus 5 in Findon in the shade

Just defrosted the bird water but fear I will be doing it again later. Troubled times.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thursday looks like the majority of the snow will slip to our West, so Cornwall, Devon, Dorset , West Hants and South Wales are in line for a proper dump. We might get some on the edge or some showers though, particularly West Sussex and east Hants. I'd suggest the snow will be close to use from breakfast time tomorrow, and if it comes close enough we might see snow in the morning.

Friday looks like we've got a better chance of seeing snow, but we might also get freezing rain and possibly rain later. The timing will be similar with the front arriving about 8am or so, but it will be more defined, so we'll defo get something, which will most like start as snow. It could snow much of the day, if the front stalls over the south.

Saturday starts dry and cold but rain / sleet looks like pushing up from the south and prob heralds the arrival of milder air... but that's a long way off in this setup, so it could change.

Re Thursday.. some of the lesser models still have a fair amount of snow here all day Thursday.. so it will all depends on just how far east the fronts get.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just a dusting last night, min temp - 7c 19f . Happy with the snow, had 3-4 cm overall the last 36 hours but a poor effort compared to a lot of other people

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Indeed. You need to try harder :)

What are the overall totals around Sussex Papa ? Has it been poor on the coast or have some people had nothing ? What are the depths in Brighton and Worthing and other places ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What are the overall totals around Sussex Papa ? Has it been poor on the coast or have some people had nothing ? What are the depths in Brighton and Worthing and other places ?

Don't think it was anything to do with the coast, the two streamers (?) just went either side of us with more snow in Eastbourne and Brighton.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I know that there we've has little other than what we got overnight Monday into Tuesday. We've had falling snow, but other than the overnight stuff it's been affected by the sun.

Parts in E Sussex have had lots so far.

Looks like Thurs / Fri will at least give us all a chance. Before the thaw.

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Guy I work with has a weekend in Exeter planned, driving down Thursday evening M4, M5 with his 2 girls aged 5 and 3 with him.

I’m trying to convince him not to go but he’s adamant it’s all being exaggerated, is there anything tangible you can give me to try and convince him it’s a really bad idea.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm just watching the streamers on the radar heading down Cornwall way, so much lovely snow falling into the sea :(

Very frustrating - just look at all that snow going to waste, esp as the streamer starts just off the coast of West Sussex... (just pop out and look south if you're in the area, and you'll see it, just offshore)

Looks like the IoW, South Devon and possibly the Lizard could see a decent fall today

close.png

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Guy I work with has a weekend in Exeter planned, driving down Thursday evening M4, M5 with his 2 girls aged 5 and 3 with him.

I’m trying to convince him not to go but he’s adamant it’s all being exaggerated, is there anything tangible you can give me to try and convince him it’s a really bad idea.

[tweet]968767617262637059[/tweet] is a good start.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Very frustrating - just look at all that snow going to waste, esp as the streamer starts just off the coast of West Sussex... (just pop out and look south if you're in the area, and you'll see it, just offshore)

Looks like the IoW, South Devon and possibly the Lizard could see a decent fall today

View attachment 94630

I took this yesterday showing clouds just South of Worthing. I guess it’s similar now?
1d71407eca8f89ce5ab0f82dbe8e4474.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here