Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just looked and found that Ryan is pretty much 6ft (1.84m) and Schmeichel 6'3 (1.91m).

He looked like a midget next to Lewis dunk.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Let's see it then!

20170909_170210.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Damn him making that save from Barry. I'd have won the first goal prize .... and it was £100 today. :)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Was that the East Lower south corner? What was he up to, all the players had left and he came back over and jumped into the crowd. It must have been a close friend he hugged first.

Not why he did it. I was in the south stand and thought I would wait for him to walk past. Gave up and walked out but thought I would pop in East stand to see if he was still about. Just caught him before he went.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was great to see him perform so well today, long may it continue!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
ryanheight.png

5 ft 10 in (Kayal)
6 ft 2 in (Murray)
6 ft 3 in (Maenpaa)
6 ft 4 in (Krul)
6 ft 1 in (Stephens)

I thought some seasoned NSC'ers doubted Ryan's 6ft+ status?

Maybe they gave him a soapbox to stand on ???

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not reading through 44 pages, so apologies if already mentioned
Very impressed with Ryan's pass distribution from the back, seems like having a 5th defender, the back four seem to have full confidence in passing the ball back to Ryan knowing he'll pass it with the confidence of an outfield player, demonstrated in Saturday's 2nd half when he came under a bit of pressure from a back pass but just looked up and pinged the ball about 40 yards straight into Bruno's path

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Thinking about this the other day, after Pig I thought Stockdale was superb with the ball at his feet but in hindsight I would have been good with the ball at my feet compared to Pig, so maybe the club are trying to improve on our '5th' defenders passing range. Stockdale was quite able, sometimes, to put the ball out into touch, although usually around the halfway mark rather than Pig putting it out for a corner. Maybe they think Maty is an upgrade in that department?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Couldn't he just wear longer studs, then everybody would be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here