Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renato Neto: Deal OFF after fails medical

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very glad we haven't signed a crock. I know we did with Zamora but that signing was as much about shirt sales and team building as goals IMHO.
Zamora wasn't a huge risk because there was no transfer fee and he wanted to join us more than we chased him, so wages / sign on fee wouldn't have been too high. We had no intention of selling him later etc, and he scored some goals to win us some points.

That's all quite different to Renato.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Isn't the Argus now edited in Weymouth or somewhere equally remote from Brighton? Hardly going to bond with readers then, is it?

Pretty sure it is now back to being done in Brighton again.
I worked there for 30 years. When I started they sold 130,000 papers daily! When I left it was 14,000!
Something has to give and savings have to be made otherwise you would not have a daily paper. Andy Naylor does a great job, but for some reason always gets a kicking because he is a Stoke fan. Is it not good that his journalism is impartial?
Get annoyed when I see all the keyboard warriors with little or no knowledge of how the newspaper world works criticising him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I worked there for 30 years. When I started they sold 130,000 papers daily! When I left it was 14,000!
Something has to give and savings have to be made otherwise you would not have a daily paper. Andy Naylor does a great job, but for some reason always gets a kicking because he is a Stoke fan. Is it not good that his journalism is impartial?
Get annoyed when I see all the keyboard warriors with little or no knowledge of how the newspaper world works criticising him.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I want my local sports journalist to be a supporter of the team. I want them to be in my tribe.
I will leave the impartial journalism to the BBC and national press.

I definitely want them not to be a cheerleader, so it is a difficult position, but a very important one. I'm pretty sure Albion stories must be one of (if not the most) reason that people buy it?

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
I'm not sure I agree with you. I want my local sports journalist to be a supporter of the team. I want them to be in my tribe.

I definitely want them not to be a cheerleader, so it is a difficult position, but a very important one. I'm pretty sure Albion stories must be one of (if not the most) reason that people buy it?

Don't agree, much prefer him to be impartial, otherwise all his reports would be biased, rose tinted love ins [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Hi Andy - welcome back to NSC

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

Naylor needs to be impartial, think he does a great job. Would you rather Timmy had the job?!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Some of the editorial - what's left of it - is still in Brighton. In fact, far more intelligently, it's in central Brighton.

I don't agree. While it shouldn't affect their professionalism (and in neither Vinnicombe's nor Naylor's case has it), I want impartiality from the chief sports reporter.

Hi Andy - welcome back to NSC

Silly boy. Firingblanks1 was my boss when I worked at the Arsegas 20 years ago. He's a WSU STH - and a lovely chap.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Silly boy. Firingblanks1 was my boss when I worked at the Arsegas 20 years ago. He's a WSU STH - and a lovely chap.

Apologies to [MENTION=2990]Firingblanks1[/MENTION] if i caused any upset. Was only joking. Back when i was a kid 70s and 80s the Argus was the ONLY source of up to date Albion news (other than "You've reached The Seagull Line") and the Saturday Sports Special was a must buy after a match. Shame things have to change, eh?

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Some of the editorial - what's left of it - is still in Brighton. In fact, far more intelligently, it's in central Brighton.

I don't agree. While it shouldn't affect their professionalism (and in neither Vinnicombe's nor Naylor's case has it), I want impartiality from the chief sports reporter.

Thanks Al. Will give you that £10 later[emoji846]

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Apologies to [MENTION=2990]Firingblanks1[/MENTION] if i caused any upset. Was only joking. Back when i was a kid 70s and 80s the Argus was the ONLY source of up to date Albion news (other than "You've reached The Seagull Line") and the Saturday Sports Special was a must buy after a match. Shame things have to change, eh?

Unfortunately no bugger buys papers these days and everyone wants to read everything free on the internet (including me). Then complain because of the adverts.
In the future good journalism will decline if there is no revenue stream to pay their wages. Independence becomes a problem and before you know it, you can't tell the truth from the fake news.
We now have several generations leaving school with a lack of critical thinking and hence the mess we find ourselves in now! Well that's my opinion anyway.
Of course no offence. I have got off lightly so far. The normal punishment on here for standing up for Andy Naylor is abuse. I await my punishment[emoji3]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here