Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1334302174675_2482547.png

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So how does their decision to cosy up to the DUP (and their associations etc.) impact on your support for the Tories?
Genuinely interested.

I'm sure you are. They are lucky that the alternative option is a UK loathing, terrorist sympathising, anti-democratic far left clique is the only alternative government. Not a great choice but I have some self respect :wink:

franks brother

The cynical audacity of telling underpaid nurses on food banks that there's no money tree, whilst spending £1,000,000,000 of taxpayers money to buy 10 measly parliamentary votes from the most deplorable edge of far right politics, and thus cling onto power. Democracy has seldom been so perverted.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The cynical audacity of telling underpaid nurses on food banks that there's no money tree, whilst spending £1,000,000,000 of taxpayers money to buy 10 measly parliamentary votes from the most deplorable edge of far right politics, and thus cling onto power. Democracy has seldom been so perverted.

...and your solution to the current situation is?

So easy to say 'this is crap, that is crap.'

Like when a potential signing or even a song comes up, easy to poo-poo, much harder to improve upon.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Continue as a minority government. DUP hate Corbyn so would not vote against the Tories for fear of putting him in power via another election.
If paying £1billion for the support of a party that would have supported her anyway is the extent of her negotiating skills I hate to think what will happening when she negotiates Brexit!

Agreed, but she is in a very fragile position so she has guaranteed their votes on all the key issues. I don't think Brexit negotiations are solely down to her thank god.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm sure you are. They are lucky that the alternative option is a UK loathing, terrorist sympathising, anti-democratic far left clique is the only alternative government. Not a great choice but I have some self respect :wink:

As opposed to a poor person loathing, terrorist sympathising dependent,anti democratic, ( illegal election costs, illegal election call centres,)in the grip of right wing xenophobes.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Agreed, but she is in a very fragile position so she has guaranteed their votes on all the key issues. I don't think Brexit negotiations are solely down to her thank god.

Agreed that is what she has done - but it speaks volumes about the woman that she would spend £1billion cementing her own position rather than spend it on schools, hospitals and police.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Pragmatism before principle and all that then. I get ya. It is indeed a tricky line to walk.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Wow, the right/left divide is becoming what Jezza and Macca are after...split the nation and come across as the good guys.

I've WATCHED Borgen you know, I have seen how this works.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Totally this.

And to answer the "your solution to this is what?" question. simple hold another general election. This government is not going to last the next 2 years . The cost of £150 million to hold another GE is equal to only 1 1/2 DUP votes in parliament.

This situation is entirely down to the self serving politics of the Tory party. What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Totally this.

And to answer the "your solution to this is what?" question. simple hold another general election. This government is not going to last the next 2 years . The cost of £150 million to hold another GE is equal to only 1 1/2 DUP votes in parliament.

This situation is entirely down to the self serving politics of the Tory party. What a mess.

Soooo, we do it all again and another Hung Parliament. Then what?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Then, unless someone can cobble together a coalition, we go again.

It is the drawback in a parliamentary democracy, it ain't perfect, but can you think of something better?
If you rule by plebiscite, you end up with even more division, ie, the Euro referendum

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I would just urge people not get too divided over this shit... Look at how divided Trump (and co) have made America. It's everything we shouldn't be as a nation.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Yes - and if it is a hung parliament then maybe for this period of Brexit this maybe what we need - a true cross party parliament.
The Tory party are at real risk of imploding - Both Brexit and the GE was entirely about their own internal power struggles as well as to cynically grab more power. The electorate smelt a rat - now with grubby deals that are hypocritical and crass, the sense of disconnect with growing numbers of the electorate will I fear cement their downfall

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is that good or bad, or should we revert to a Blair type Labour Party? After all, Jezza's determination and resilience was illustrated when they tried to hoof him out.

I don't know the answer, more worryingly I don't think any of the politicians do either- but something does need to happen as we can't carry on down this path - the end game is everyone losing out at the end of Brexit.

I personally think the divide over brexit was calming before the election was called and then it all kicked off again - The terrorist attacks didn't help either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here