Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep I'll miss it. Watch it from Birmingham City and Brighton & Hove Albion all the way through to Wycombe and York City. Manish was looking exceptionally tasty in that black shirt on the last episode. Never understand why people slag off the punditry of Claridge or Rosenior - you try having a knowledge base over three divisions as opposed to the tedious one trick dullard punditry on MOTD.

I absolutely agree, for me the best footie show on the box by a country mile, (although l don't particularly fancy Manish Bhasin). I realise l am in the minority, but l really like Steve Claridge, at heart he is just a football fan like the rest of us. Yes he makes the odd gaffe, but don we all when we are talking football?

It will be interesting to see what Channel 5 will do with the programme, but personally my sights aren't set too high.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. I hardly ever watch it. It's on a repeat record every week, but I only tend to watch it if we win, and even then just fast forward to us.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Has always been set on record ready to watch on Sunday morning with a cuppa. Quite enjoy it and like Leroy Rosenior. All in all a good show.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The production team are hoping to all move over to CH5 (obviously, they need a job right..) but dont know about the presenters.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have it on series link, but usually just skip to our bit then delete. Even skipping to our bit was usually missed this season.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
He's certainly not the only one who says that. Another word that gets used at the beginning of a sentence alot now is "so".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep I'll miss it. Watch it from Birmingham City and Brighton & Hove Albion all the way through to Wycombe and York City. Manish was looking exceptionally tasty in that black shirt on the last episode. Never understand why people slag off the punditry of Claridge or Rosenior - you try having a knowledge base over three divisions as opposed to the tedious one trick dullard punditry on MOTD.

I agree with a lot of that. Although I will say that Claridge's obsession with "budget" gets right on my tits.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I series link and used to whizz through stopping for the goals, but after this toilet of a season I haven't bothered to watch quite a lot of it.

Oct 25, 2003
I do enjoy it when I watch it, which is unfortunately I rarely get to do all the way through. I haven't reached the stage in my marriage yet when I can justify sitting down for an hour and a half to catch the Morecambe vs Cambridge highlights

theboybilly

For me the BBC do football better than any other terrestrial channel and better than most of Sky's offerings. I'll miss the Football League Show from the opening credits to the end titles. MotD is great too but I really dislike the Premier League as for some it would seem there is no other league in existence.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Boring fact of the day. Back in the early 90's Both Steve Claridge and I snapped a ligament in our ankle on the same day and we were both off work for three months.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I do enjoy it when I watch it, which is unfortunately I rarely get to do all the way through. I haven't reached the stage in my marriage yet when I can justify sitting down for an hour and a half to catch the Morecambe vs Cambridge highlights

Give it time mate, you will :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here